Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Any thoughts on a price for all 45 volumes of Series 1-3? Matching numbers on sets 2 and 3.

The number for sets 2/3 would NOT transfer with the sale.
    Not really, but will be curious to see how such a sale goes, so please keep us posted. I have all three sets, matching number for all three, and I've been curious what such a thing might go for.

My advice would be to price at $30 a volume and add a Best Offer option (if doing eBay...OBO if private). Yes, there are some volumes in there that go for significantly more (Hill, Gaiman, etc.), but there are also some that I've seen struggle to sell on eBay for $20. Averaging out to $30 seems a reasonable place to start...let's face, that means $1350 for a set of books that don't come with the most sterling of reputations in the community..even $1350 could be a hard sell. If you have the slipcases, maybe $35, but I still think that's pushing it, and I don't think the matching number probably adds a great deal to the bottom line...just makes it more attractive to begin with, to attract interest. Realistically, if you're able to get an even $1000 for the set (which works out to $22.22 each), that's probably not a bad deal.

Or I could be way off.

Keep us posted...as I said, I'll be interested for future reference for my own set. Good luck!

EDIT: On reflection, I don't know, maybe I was a bit too conservative. Maybe such a set *would* be a player at $1500, which would be $33.33/ea. That might be a better opening gambit.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 09-14-2020, 08:08 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Camelot has all of series 1 and 2 with the first 8 books of series 3 for $3k. I was going to say $3500 for all three series before I checked there. So I think that's a good ballpark.
      I think that's way, way high.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Agreed. No way these things have almost tripled in price as a set.
        Last edited by Brian861; 09-14-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You're probably right. $3500 comes out to $78 per book. Very few are worth that much.

Comment

I love Camelot but their prices on OOP stuff can be screwy. I'm a big fan of Scott Thomas, but no one is paying $800 for Cobwebs and Whispers. I think I got my own copy for fifty or sixty bucks.

Comment

eBay shows a series 1 set selling for $310 last month and a series 2 set sitting unsold with a buy it now of $650. I would be shocked if Camelot gets anywhere near what they are asking.

Comment

My copy of the Little Orange Book of Obsessions by Blake Crouch arrived today. It has a minor corner bump that we have come to expect, but it's not too bad. I've never read any Blake Crouch before so this will be my first exposure.

LITTLE ORANGE BOOK.jpg

Comment

I get my little books through Camelot - have not received the most recent slipcase yet. It's the one that left off the word "little" in the first title. Is Borderlands making another batch without the error?

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                    I get my little books through Camelot - have not received the most recent slipcase yet. It's the one that left off the word "little" in the first title. Is Borderlands making another batch without the error?
                    I haven't heard anything about a corrected slipcase. I think with Borderlands "It is what it is". There were actually two major errors on that slipcase.

I subscribed to the series through Borderlands so I would be sure not to miss out on any volume, but now I wish I had ordered through Camelot as their packaging is far superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I haven't heard anything about a corrected slipcase. I think with Borderlands "It is what it is". There were actually two major errors on that slipcase.

I subscribed to the series through Borderlands so I would be sure not to miss out on any volume, but now I wish I had ordered through Camelot as their packaging is far superior.
                      I order mine through CD and they do a great job of packaging. Unfortunately they do not offer the slipcases so I am forced to order them directly through Borderlands.

Comment

Do Borderlands make arcs for any of their books? BORDERLANDS 7 is due out at the end of October and I was wondering if anyone had an advance copy of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kshane View Post
                          Do Borderlands make arcs for any of their books? BORDERLANDS 7 is due out at the end of October and I was wondering if anyone had an advance copy of it.
                          No, they don't, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

No, they don't, AFAIK.
                            Thanks, that's what I thought. The BORDERLANDS 7 hardcover is sold out so I hope there is a trade paperback of it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kshane View Post

Thanks, that's what I thought. The BORDERLANDS 7 hardcover is sold out so I hope there is a trade paperback of it soon.
                              Camelot still has them available.
                              https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/borderlands-7

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Camelot still has them available.
                                https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/borderlands-7
                                Thanks Martin. I want to buy BORDERLANDS 7 but I'm going to have to wait for the paperback. Thomas Monteleone said there would eventually be a trade paperback (he didn't say when), but hopefully the paperback is published next year as the hardcover plus international shipping (more than the book itself!) is way too expensive for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X