No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That looks... terrible, frankly. Absolutely Amateur Hour. There is just no good excuse to put out a product like that. What in the hell is going on over there? Mine should come today, and if it's like that? I might cut my losses and bow out now, before the last few are wrapped up. Tom and Elizabeth are good folks, but- this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

On the plus side, I finished the Garton LITTLE BOOK today, and it was a blast. Plus, no proofing errors, no pages glued together, no issues of any kind.

I remember the days when there seemed to be a new small-press Garton book announced on a weekly basis. We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days.
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

"We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days."

I second that!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          "We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days."

I second that!
          Third!Ed! I don't want to continue derailing this thread into A Pro Garton Love Fest (It's my fault- I started it), but the last thing I'll say about Ray here, re the above quote: After years of waiting for someone to produce nice signed hardcovers of Ray's fun Werewolf books- RAVENOUS & BESTIAL, I was.. almost disappointed to hear Ray recently announce on Facebook that he just signed a contract with Gauntlet to do them. He seemed over the moon (pardon the pun) about it. I am just not a huge fan of Gauntlet's books. They're..."fine". Just... yep, that's a signed hardcover alright. I've honestly been wondering why CD hasn't done them all these years. CD seems to have been Ray's defacto "home" team for these kind of books and I'll bet they would've been big sellers for all parties. Anyway, with those Gauntlet issues, and the wonderful news that Centipede is working on LIVE GIRLS- things are looking up.
          Last edited by swintek; 07-23-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
            Wow. That looks... terrible, frankly. Absolutely Amateur Hour. There is just no good excuse to put out a product like that. What in the hell is going on over there? Mine should come today, and if it's like that? I might cut my losses and bow out now, before the last few are wrapped up. Tom and Elizabeth are good folks, but- this is getting ridiculous.
            My William F. Nolan LITTLE BOOK has an off-center slide to the left that’s even worse. Not sure why some are dead center and some...aren’t.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

My William F. Nolan LITTLE BOOK has an off-center slide to the left that’s even worse. Not sure why some are dead center and some...aren’t.
              I guess it's not even consistent within a title. My Nolan book has a slide to the right.

NOLAN LITTLE BOOK.jpg

Comment

now i need to check mine. And allll the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I guess it's not even consistent within a title. My Nolan book has a slide to the right.

NOLAN LITTLE BOOK.jpg
                  Sorry, I, umm, meant my “other left”... Mine actually looks just like yours.

Like Jeff, I almost began to check them all, but ultimately decided ignorance is bliss when it comes to these LITTLE BOOKS and their comedy of errors.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

So basically the cover stamping on these books are doing the Time Warp.

Comment

Based on what I am seeing, I will only be getting regular sized or Big Books, no little books for me LOl!!

Comment

My Nolan book is the same, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as that picture of the Pinborough book. I almost held on due to the upcoming authors (I like Pinborough's work quite a bit and a Blake Crouch limited would be cool), but as this parade continues I'm glad I tapped out.

Comment

I suspect they can't for various reasons, but I'd love to hear Dan or Brian chime in here. That almost seems like a problem with the printer, but if so it would indicate BLP either isn't getting proofs, or aren't really looking at them.

Comment

You don't typically get proofs of the final product. By the time there's one finished book, they're pretty much all done. Sometimes you get stamping proofs, but usually only if the printer has a concern with how well a material choice is going to work with the foil stamping. I will say that I don't think I would've noticed on the gray book, it's so slight that when you're packing a couple hundred books you really aren't looking that closely. I can't really speculate on the magenta one, and speculation there would really depend on how widespread that problem is.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks for the insight, Dan!

My Little Magenta book is also off-center, as pictured above.

Comment

I started reading the Laird Barron LITTLE BROWN BOOK today, and I checked out the reviews on Goodreads...WOW. There is a lot of hate for the production of this book. I would think the "I will never buy a Borderlands Press book again" comments in the reviews would have made Borderlands especially vigilant about future errors, but, here we are, five years later, and things haven't improved at all.

BTW, I'm too lazy to go back and see who it was, but someone here linked to the missing last page of one of the Barron stories in this volume, and I'd like to give them a belated thanks, in case I didn't back then. I opened up my copy and saw the little slip of paper that I printed five years ago, and I said "Ah, THIS is the book that has the worst LITTLE BOOK fuckup!" So, thanks to you, I have the missing ending all ready to go.....Thanks again!
                                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X