Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Continuing my LITTLE marathon, I'm reading Ray Garton's entry. He starts the book by saying that he isn't really comfortable writing short stories, and then, at goes on to absolutely kill it with the stories that follow. I think short stories are where Ray really shines.
    I whole-heartedly agree. I'd actually say he's even better at the novella length, as so many horror writers are. I think Ray- as "legendary" as he is, gets overlooked sometimes. Especially in the higher end small press. Yep, he had the early, magnificent Charnel House edition of THE NEW NEIGHBOR, and, Holy Lord- talk about a criminally under-collected edition!: That is absolutely one of the finest books ever produced. Ever. Even for Charnel House. In material and form and content and illustration? Put up something "better". That book was issued at $125- 30 YEARS AGO- and can be had today for that same issue price or less. I have never understood this. I want to buy ALL of the rest of those underappreciated copies floating around out there and pepper my collection with dozens of them so I will always be reminded of what a gift that book is.

Comment

Didn't CD also do a limited of The New Neighbor? Looking to purchase this book & wondering what edition to get. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KKTara View Post
        Didn't CD also do a limited of The New Neighbor? Looking to purchase this book & wondering what edition to get. Thanks!
        We did. A long time ago.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by KKTara View Post
          2003. There are currently 5 copies on eBay starting at around $55.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...n+new+neighbor

Comment

As someone slowly putting together a collection of Ray Garton's LEs, yes, he is woefully undercollected. I've picked up half a dozen lettered editions of his books (only ONE of which was a PC) for less than a hundred bucks. AND THAT INCLUDES LIVE GIRLS. It's insane.

Edit: That's less than a hundred each.
            Last edited by slayn666; 07-21-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              As someone slowly putting together a collection of Ray Garton's LEs, yes, he is woefully undercollected. I've picked up half a dozen lettered editions of his books (only ONE of which was a PC) for less than a hundred bucks. AND THAT INCLUDES LIVE GIRLS. It's insane.

Edit: That's less than a hundred each.
              I hunted for Live Girls for a long time and the prices were always ridiculous. Then one day I found a pristine copy with the compact disc for a steal and grabbed it. I have since seen it available for reasonable prices. Not sure why but the price on that one dropped a while back.

Comment

I suspect it's because Ray hasn't been publishing a lot in the past several years, and most of what he has published has been shorter work that's part of anthologies. He's most popular with an aging demographic that either already has his books or are looking to get get rid of his books as they downsize, and that's had the expected impact on price.

I have both the limited and lettered of Live Girls, but my limited copy does not include the CD. However, the musician that did the music for the CD released some number of copies on his own. I discovered this purely by chance as I was browsing Ebay and forgot to limit my "ray garton" search to books.

LG1.jpg
                LG2.jpg
                LG3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I suspect it's because Ray hasn't been publishing a lot in the past several years, and most of what he has published has been shorter work that's part of anthologies. He's most popular with an aging demographic that either already has his books or are looking to get get rid of his books as they downsize, and that's had the expected impact on price.

I have both the limited and lettered of Live Girls, but my limited copy does not include the CD. However, the musician that did the music for the CD released some number of copies on his own. I discovered this purely by chance as I was browsing Ebay and forgot to limit my "ray garton" search to books.

LG1.jpg
                  LG2.jpg
                  LG3.jpg
                  I did not know that existed. Something to add to my want list!

Comment

I have the CD with my copy, but whoever I bought it from only provided a paper sleeve, no plastic case, unfortunately.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The ones that came with the book only had a paper sleeve; LE was an unsigned CD and lettered had a signed CD. What I posted was a CD released by the musician himself, with cover art done by Jim Balent, and as far as I know unrelated to Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                        Has anyone got the Pinborough book yet? I paid for that before my slipcase and got a shipping notice. Figured they would both be together but just got the slipcase. Want to make sure to see if I need to contact them. It seems they have been quick to sell copies for people who didn't pay for preorders recently.
                        Got the book today. This was a first in a long time where the mail was 4 days ahead of what they predicted. Oddly this one has gone back to the style of the first 7 books in series 3. It looks super cool being bright pink and with one of the better cover logos. I don't think I've read anything in this book so I may read this one out of order.

Comment

CD's are sitting in the warehouse. We'll probably get to shipping them next week.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post

Got the book today. This was a first in a long time where the mail was 4 days ahead of what they predicted. Oddly this one has gone back to the style of the first 7 books in series 3. It looks super cool being bright pink and with one of the better cover logos. I don't think I've read anything in this book so I may read this one out of order.
                            Out of curiosity, does your copy look like this one with the cover text and art off-centered? I was just wondering if they are all that way or if this was an anomaly.

magenta.jpg

Comment

So they have returned to the vinyl covers?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                So they have returned to the vinyl covers?
                                Sounds and looks like it. I haven't gotten mine yet to compare the material or see if my cover is off center but I can't wait to get it and do the unboxing!

Comment

Working...
                                X