No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have #475 for the entirety of Series 3. My copy of the Ramsey Campbell book should be arriving this week. We shall see, I guess.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-23-2020, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      When Series III was announced, it was done so with a limitation of 350. It seems demand was higher than that, as every other book has had a larger limitation (I think). However, depending on how contracts were handled, Tom's hands may have been tied for this one.
      Yeah I thought that too, based on the original announcement at the beginning of this thread.

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      I have #475 for the entirety of Series 3. My copy of the Ramsey Campbell book should be arriving this week. We shall see, I guess.
      I hope it has your number. I did notice when Igot my copy, there was a sticky note on the cover with my number written on it. I haven't had that before. So maybe they only printed 350, but they are numbered for the people who have been buying all along and those numbers are non-sequential. The more I think about it, the surer I am that everyone will get their number.

Comment

Mine is out for delivery so we will know here in about two hours.

Comment

I'm not sure where you guys pulled this info from, but the limitation is 500 for the little green book.

IMG_20200323_095418.jpg
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            I'm not sure where you guys pulled this info from, but the limitation is 500 for the little green book.
            Thanks, Dan! Good to know! I thought Jeff's copy said limited to 350?

Comment

Thanks, Dan! Good to know! I thought Jeff's copy said limited to 350?
              It do!
              green book.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                Well maybe it’s one the two following things:
                1. A signature page error. It should read 500
                2. BP isn’t numbering them according to quantity. They have 350 subscribers (people who have bought all or multiple Little Books up to this point) and while those numbers appear everywhere, BP can accommodate those customers by simply giving them their number and still keeping the actual limitation to 350.
                So now we know that it's number one from above. But now I'm wondering how many have the 350 limitation page and how many have the 500 limitation page. Not that I think it matters all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  So now we know that it's number one from above. But now I'm wondering how many have the 350 limitation page and how many have the 500 limitation page. Not that I think it matters all that much.
                  Just looking at our books, my guess is that 1 - 350 have the 350 limitation and 351+ have the 500 limitation. It's possible Ramsey Campbell signed the sheets before the run length got switched to 500 and he didn't want to sign them over again or something like that. You'd have to ask Tom.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just looking at our books, my guess is that 1 - 350 have the 350 limitation and 351+ have the 500 limitation. It's possible Ramsey Campbell signed the sheets before the run length got switched to 500 and he didn't want to sign them over again or something like that. You'd have to ask Tom.
                    THAT sounds like a winning theory. Makes total sense.

Comment

Makes sense. It’s been 500 for so long, though, I’m not sure I buy the theory, but it does sound at least feasible. Guess that means those of us with sub 351 copies have the true 1st edition and the rest of you are second-edition chumps. Please keep your jealousy to a minimum, thank you.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Makes sense. It’s been 500 for so long, though, I’m not sure I buy the theory, but it does sound at least feasible. Guess that means those of us with sub 351 copies have the true 1st edition and the rest of you are second-edition chumps. Please keep your jealousy to a minimum, thank you.
                        I will choose to look at it from the standpoint that there are 350 copies that list the limitation at 350 but only 150 copies that list it at 500. Mine will be much more rare!

(If Dan's theory about the numbering is correct.)

Comment

I will choose to look at it from the standpoint that there are 350 copies that list the limitation at 350 but only 150 copies that list it at 500. Mine will be much more rare!

(If Dan's theory about the numbering is correct.)
                          Hahaha I thought the same thing--for this edition. When you consider the entire series, though, things get a little different. This is the only book out of the set that has that limitation page. All other books are either 500 or 600. So it's rarer overall!

Comment

Those collecting the complete set will need a copy of each. The Slipcase will need a slight modification to allow for two copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Those collecting the complete set will need a copy of each. The Slipcase will need a slight modification to allow for two copies.
                              D'oh!

Comment

As I had hoped, I got my #475. Happy with that.

GRINS GRAVITY SIG ROT.jpg

Also, we once again have a cloth material on the cover instead of leatherette. We had wondered if they merely couldn't procure the black leatherette material for the previous volume but now it appears the change was a permanent one.

GRINS GRAVITY COVER ROT.jpg
                                Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-23-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X