X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I totally agree with you on that. Those envelopes do not adequately protect the books and several of mine have arrived with minor bumps also. I wish they'd ship them in a box.
    I'm sure there are even better envelopes they could use. AND the books should be wrapped in plastic. My Little Black Book showed up soaking wet. The envelope just disintegrated!

blackbook.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'D also prefer the leather covers if BP did a better job shipping them. Almost every one I get has little dents on it. My Gahan Wilson was the worst. Not that it's a deal-breaker for me, obviously. Since it's send them back or stop collecting and I haven't done either.
    I totally agree with you on that. Those envelopes do not adequately protect the books and several of mine have arrived with minor bumps also. I wish they'd ship them in a box.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Here's a photo of my copy. Like Jeff mentioned, cloth cover instead of faux leather. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change to the series or if it's just for this one edition. I actually think I prefer the leather covers.
    I'D also prefer the leather covers if BP did a better job shipping them. Almost every one I get has little dents on it. My Gahan Wilson was the worst. Not that it's a deal-breaker for me, obviously. Since it's send them back or stop collecting and I haven't done either.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Here's a photo of my copy. Like Jeff mentioned, cloth cover instead of faux leather. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change to the series or if it's just for this one edition. I actually think I prefer the leather covers.

A LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF QUIET HORROR rot.jpg
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-30-2020, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm curious to see what the change is...it didn't seem particularly high-quality to me to begin with, so I'm a little nervous.
    It’s like a cloth cover where the usual boards are like a leather material (as you’re well aware). I can try to post a pic but it’s hard to tell.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I hear you. I actually wish the entire series used this material. Seems there would be fewer denting issues. Though my copy needed to be replaced anyway.
    Yeah, that wouldn't bother me nearly as much. My last few books have seemed a lot nicer than the first few from series 3. And now with this one I'm even further behind in reading them. I think I have 4 to read.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I'm curious to see what the change is...it didn't seem particularly high-quality to me to begin with, so I'm a little nervous.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Anyone else annoyed at the change it cover material? I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't a set.
    I hear you. I actually wish the entire series used this material. Seems there would be fewer denting issues. Though my copy needed to be replaced anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Anyone else annoyed at the change it cover material? I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't a set.
    I am assuming this is pertaining to the Grant book. I do not have my copy yet so I can't speak to is. Hopefully it is not too far from the earlier books in the series.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lweron
    replied
    Anyone notice that the Grant Book was not leather bound.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    My copy of the Grant Little Book arrived today, with a surprise bonus signature sheet bound in!

I hope this doesn't mean there's some poor soul out there that is going to get a copy without a signature sheet...
    Mine had just the one sig sheet. But the binding was trashed.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    My copy of the Grant Little Book arrived today, with a surprise bonus signature sheet bound in!

I hope this doesn't mean there's some poor soul out there that is going to get a copy without a signature sheet...

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    This has probably been asked before so please forgive me, but where did the Stephen King rumor originate? Does anyone know?

Edit: Never mind. I went back and read the first post in this topic and my question was answered.
    I saw it on the internet so it has to be true!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    This has probably been asked before so please forgive me, but where did the Stephen King rumor originate? Does anyone know?

Edit: Never mind. I went back and read the first post in this topic and my question was answered.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-20-2020, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X