X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Did Borderlands ever produce a display case for the last five books of Series 3? If so, I have not seen nor heard anything about them. They were always very timely about getting these slipcases out previously. It has been over 6 months since the last volume of Series 3 shipped. I hope I didn't somehow miss the boat.
    Yes, I received mine -- the third and final slipcase for the Series III set -- from Camelot at least a month ago. It was my final purchase for that series of books...I collected all three sets (so 45 books?), from the very beginning of the series, and decided it was time.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Thank you, Martin! I had searched their website but I obviously hadn't used the correct parameters. I suspected that it was a supply chain issue but I wasn't sure. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on it.
    It is much easier to miss than it is to find it. that is why I listed the parameters. If I was thinking I would have added a link Display Case for Volume 3 Series III Little Books – Borderlands Press

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Their website lists it as 'coming soon'. I am assuming that the current supply chain issues have caused delays. You can find it by searching 'series 3' in the Borderlands website. Searching 'series III' causes the site to go sideways and other search words that you think would work do not find anything but it is there.
    Thank you, Martin! I had searched their website but I obviously hadn't used the correct parameters. I suspected that it was a supply chain issue but I wasn't sure. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Did Borderlands ever produce a display case for the last five books of Series 3? If so, I have not seen nor heard anything about them. They were always very timely about getting these slipcases out previously. It has been over 6 months since the last volume of Series 3 shipped. I hope I didn't somehow miss the boat.
    Their website lists it as 'coming soon'. I am assuming that the current supply chain issues have caused delays. You can find it by searching 'series 3' in the Borderlands website. Searching 'series III' causes the site to go sideways and other search words that you think would work do not find anything but it is there.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Oh yeah I forgot midnight mass.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Cemetery Dance released 5 Sims books, Midnight Mass and The Christmas Thingy from Mr. Wilson. F. Paul Wilson: Cemetery Dance Publications
    Did CD do a Midnight Mass edition? Checking.. oh yeah! Dang, I had forgotten that one. I know I have it. I think that one is one of my "Box" books (in a storage box for lack of shelf space), It was a really nice edition, too. Need to dig that one out and reread. I remember liking the original Axolotl Press novella quite a bit, and I seem to remember reading the fleshed out novel- though, I think in the Tor Trade HC. A good one! Yeah, I hate to say the BP editions just aren't looking too enticing these days. Shame. They need to step up their game over there. Them and Barry at Guantlet. All nice folks- relying on old reputations, unfortunately. Limited editions have just gotten better- and they seem to have not noticed. Or cared.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    ...and TOR published his short-story collections in trade HCs...no one, until now, has published his short fiction in deluxe editions.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    My mistake I don't think it was CD
    Cemetery Dance released 5 Sims books, Midnight Mass and The Christmas Thingy from Mr. Wilson. F. Paul Wilson: Cemetery Dance Publications

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    My mistake I don't think it was CD

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Really is a shame with borderlands doing f. Paul wilson. He is one of my favorite authors that I collect and I would really like to see a better quality edition than what they put out. But that being said I'm still ordering them just wont pay after market price. I know cemetery dance has done a book or two of his can we get more.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm guessing that since there are three volumes, maybe the series title "The" "Compendium" "Of F" will be broken up across the three spines. Maybe??
    But that opens up the discussion of should the consumer really have to make that leap to figure out the design?

If that is the design choice it would make more sense if this was issued as a three-book set instead being sold as individual volumes. I much rather just have the spines read “The Compendium of F” Volume I, Volume II, etc.

Still just bummed because I love the idea of this sets and if it was done by CD or Centipede or whomever, I’d be so excited. But with Borderlands, I’m so hesitant of being burned by bad formatting and proofreading.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm guessing that since there are three volumes, maybe the series title "The" "Compendium" "Of F" will be broken up across the three spines. Maybe??
    This was my thought also.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received "A Little Silver Book: A Screenplay". Paper boards provides a different look than the Hill Silver Book so I am fine with that It is a thick little book coming in at 185 pages. My copy has two signature sheets tipped in both are signed by the authors. Only the first is numbered which makes sense as I doubt the person numbering them even realized there was another sheet. Overall it looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Do take my post with a grain of salt, of course...I have no insider track into Borderlands behind-the-scenes info, but it's what I've seen mentioned in several spots, and, as mentioned, one volume I've had confirmed to me appears to verify what I've read.

For me, it will likely be a pass. The LITTLE BOOKs have progressively become less satisfying on a number of levels, and as you mention, there are so many volumes out there of public domain horror-literature that a brief Best Of for each author is not something I truly need in my library, not at the price the volumes have crept up to (plus shipping). Had I any misgiving about passing, the featured dustjacket on the today's Borderlands email that featured the apparent dustjacket for F. Paul Wilson's first volume of THE COMPLETE SHORT FICTION -- with all vintage dustjacket images on the back having 25% of the art cropped off the bottom of each, and only the word THE displayed on the spine -- served as a good reminder why it's time for me to move on. Sure, perhaps that puzzling mess was just the rough mockup intended as a placeholder...but then don't show it to prospective customers who have no way of knowing if that's the case or not, especially since a spate of recent glaring errors that made it into publication have already shaken customer confidence. I have tried over the last year to be more deliberately selective about which titles I truly need, and that's an approach I hope to continue...and I simply don't have room in my budget anymore for books that don't reflect the care and detail to match the investment made.

wilson.JPG
    Part of me just wants to exit this thread and never look at it again. I was on the Borderlands email list years ago. At some point the emails stopped. Due to a prior issue with this company and how they handled it, I had no issue with not getting email as I had no intent of dealing with Borderlands directly again. I chose to collect the full Series III through CD. Unfortunately that left me without a reliable source for the slipcases. I went against my best judgement and ordered these direct. At one point I had a question regarding an order. My query was met with crickets, no surprise there. I tried again and still no response but I did get an extra copy of the slipcase shipped to me. Mind you, there was no issue with the case but I had a question. At that point I have no interest in the answer to my question and decided I would finish out the series III slipcases and cease all ordering from them. So a couple of days ago I received the email about the final book in Series III. This is the first email I have received from Borderlands in years, I assumed that the recent attempt to communicate resulted in me being added back to the email list. Today an email appears to have gone out regarding an F. Paul Wilson three book set. I did not receive this email so maybe I am not back on the distribution list. All that to say that if I do decide to go with Series IV I will only do so if I can get the books and cases from a re-seller. The last year has taught me that my decision to cease doing business directly with Borderlands was the correct one. Nothing like the original issue but enough to know that they are not for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X