No announcement yet.

BIRD BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After that very long wait, Jeff, sorry to see on your unboxing video that it got banged up in shipping. Really unfortunate, but hope you can get some satisfaction from Dark Regions, either a replacement or…?
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      After that very long wait, Jeff, sorry to see on your unboxing video that it got banged up in shipping. Really unfortunate, but hope you can get some satisfaction from Dark Regions, either a replacement or…?
      Thank you. I emailed them with a link to the video as proof of my concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I was thinking the same. Hope they make it right, Jeff.

Comment

That really sucks, Jeff. That is pretty nice and banged up. If I was you, I'd be pretty miffed as well. If I was DRP, I'd be more than miffed that my fulfillment service can't properly ship a single box without getting it messed up. I have a lettered Bird Box on the way as well and I hope that it is shown more care than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            That really sucks, Jeff. That is pretty nice and banged up. If I was you, I'd be pretty miffed as well. If I was DRP, I'd be more than miffed that my fulfillment service can't properly ship a single box without getting it messed up. I have a lettered Bird Box on the way as well and I hope that it is shown more care than this.
            DRP responded to my email and I think they are well aware of the shipping situation. They're sending me a replacement copy and I am perfectly satisfied with their response.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              I was thinking the same. Hope they make it right, Jeff.

They are replacing it. And they're assuring me that the lettered will be shipped with care.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                They are replacing it. And they're assuring me that the lettered will be shipped with care.
                That's good. Glad they're taking care of you! (I ordered my copy from CD and it arrived nice and sound.)

Your "fulfilled by Amazon" shipping method looks a lot like my Cixin Liu Remembrance of Earth's Past book from the UK where being wrapped in thin cardboard is "acceptable."

Comment

I am sorry to hear that Bird Box came, from the sound of things, jacked up. Glad they are making it right. I will look around the forum and see if I can see your video.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I am sorry to hear that Bird Box came, from the sound of things, jacked up. Glad they are making it right. I will look around the forum and see if I can see your video.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtWiLNgyDgc

Comment

Thanks Martin.

And thanks Ben, I'm pretty happy with their response.

Comment

Ughh. Great packaging for a TPB but not for a small press limited. Sorry, bro.

Thanks Martin.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          That's good. Glad they're taking care of you! (I ordered my copy from CD and it arrived nice and sound.)

Your "fulfilled by Amazon" shipping method looks a lot like my Cixin Liu Remembrance of Earth's Past book from the UK where being wrapped in thin cardboard is "acceptable."
                          Yeah that's insane.

Comment

Thanks Martin.

I have the advantage that they are about 20 minutes from me. In the past Chris has said he would hold book so I can just pick them up. With him now using Amazon Logistics I hope that offer still stands. I have one pre-order from him so I will get to test it eventually.

Comment

Strange they are choosing to ship this way.. It might be my presumption but aren't they the ones who are packaging the books ? Mine was also shipped through amazon but it was packed very well.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                                Strange they are choosing to ship this way.. It might be my presumption but aren't they the ones who are packaging the books ? Mine was also shipped through amazon but it was packed very well.
                                I don't think so. Usually how Amazon fulfillment works is you send the books in bulk to one of their fulfillment centers and you send the list of orders (names and address) and they pack and ship them. That said DRP usually has the books individually packed in exact fitting boxes that get packed in larger boxes later, I wonder why Jeff's wasn't like that. I know all the copies we received from them where packed that way.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X