Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIRD BOX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I also ordered one from VJ Books. But others have said that their shipping sucks and sometimes they sell phony sigs. So we'll see what's what when I get mine. I'm hoping neither the BAM nor the VJ copies are a bookplate situation.

    https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm

    Comment


      Didn't see a bookplate in the description on BOM. To me that is like graffiti and I would ask for a refund.

      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I also ordered one from VJ Books. But others have said that their shipping sucks and sometimes they sell phony sigs. So we'll see what's what when I get mine. I'm hoping neither the BAM nor the VJ copies are a bookplate situation.

      https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

      Comment


        Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I also ordered one from VJ Books. But others have said that their shipping sucks and sometimes they sell phony sigs. So we'll see what's what when I get mine. I'm hoping neither the BAM nor the VJ copies are a bookplate situation.

        https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm
        How would you know it's a fake? lol. Dude just scribbles a line.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

          How would you know it's a fake? lol. Dude just scribbles a line.
          His would be EASY to fake. But the claim of buying a phony sig was in relation to a different author. The person who made the claim said that VJ did make good on the error so i'm not too worried.

          Comment


            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

            His would be EASY to fake. But the claim of buying a phony sig was in relation to a different author. The person who made the claim said that VJ did make good on the error so i'm not too worried.
            I've found VJ to be on the higher end vs. some other retailers.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

              I've found VJ to be on the higher end vs. some other retailers.
              That's good to know. Among their shipping options was padded envelope or box. I chose box. So I'll have two signed first editions from 2 different retailers. I plan on unboxing both at the same time and doing a comparison.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

                That's good to know. Among their shipping options was padded envelope or box. I chose box. So I'll have two signed first editions from 2 different retailers. I plan on unboxing both at the same time and doing a comparison.
                I meant higher end as far as pricing I should have stated. I've only made one purchase from them but it wasn't a bad experience. Definitely pays to shop around unless they are your only option.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

                  I meant higher end as far as pricing I should have stated. I've only made one purchase from them but it wasn't a bad experience. Definitely pays to shop around unless they are your only option.
                  Ah ok, got it. The BAM signed first edition was about $10 cheaper. So we'll see if VJ was worth the expense.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

                    Ah ok, got it. The BAM signed first edition was about $10 cheaper. So we'll see if VJ was worth the expense.
                    Could be well worth it if BAM doesn't ship well. Never have ordered anything from them.

                    Comment


                      This is going to be fun. I'll get to compare on speed, packing job, and price. I'll even be fair and offer up that the two different boxes were handled by different people along the way before they made it to my mail carrier.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

                        Could be well worth it if BAM doesn't ship well. Never have ordered anything from them.
                        I have ordered from BAM and had no issue with the shipping.

                        Comment


                          Question for Dan and/or Brian -

                          Do you know if CD will be getting copies of the DRP limited version of Malorie? I ordered Bird Box from CD directly (back on7/15/2017) so I'm really hoping you do.

                          Comment


                            Just realized I hadn't updated you all on how VJ Books stacked up against BAM. For those who haven't seen it: https://youtu.be/1uwjU-RV2DE

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Question for Dan and/or Brian -

                              Do you know if CD will be getting copies of the DRP limited version of Malorie? I ordered Bird Box from CD directly (back on7/15/2017) so I'm really hoping you do.
                              We're supposed to be. Has DRP offered it for sale yet?
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Question for Dan and/or Brian -

                                Do you know if CD will be getting copies of the DRP limited version of Malorie? I ordered Bird Box from CD directly (back on7/15/2017) so I'm really hoping you do.
                                I just confirmed with DRP that we'll be getting Malorie. I can't promise matching numbers though, I'd say if you care about a specific number, you should order directly from DRP.
                                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

                                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X