X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    I am afraid the time has come for me to cancel my order for "The Ghosts of Benevolence" and walk from King's Way Press.

I ordered the book in 2015 and to be honest the long wait has nothing to do with my cancelling the order. I actually have several books on order from Cemetery Dance, one of them has been On Order for over 10 years. I am very patient and can find plenty to read so waiting for a book has never been an issue for me.

Deception is where I draw the line. On the rare occasions I have inquired with Cemetery Dance regarding an order I have received an honest response. Sometimes that response has been as simple as 'Can't provide an update, would be happy to offer a refund if the wait has been to long.' I have never cancelled an order sue to production delays. If I had I would not have Legacies or Centuries Best on my bookshelves today.

I feel that the communications from Zach have been less than accurate, and the inaccuracies were not a misstatement.

Here is my timeline for this book:
    01-08-2015 I order The Ghosts of Benevolence from Cemetery Dance
    01-25-2017 Another discussion about KWP on this board happens, Zach comments so I ask for an estimate on Ghosts.
    01-25-2017 Zach responds with 'Already out and shipped. If you have a sub or preorder, you'll be seeing it this week or next.'
    01-25-2017 I respond that I ordered through CD so my wait will be longer but am pleased it is getting closer.
    04-06-2017 I ask, on this board, if CD has received there copies yet.
    04-07-2017 Dan responds 'Nope'
    04-07-2017 I request an update on the shipment of Ghosts to CD through the KWP website.
    04-10-2017 Zach responds via email with 'CD's boxes of books shipped this AM and will be to them within a few days. Sorry for the late reply. Been down almost a month with flu and pneumonia.
    05-03-2017 I ask again on this board if CD has received Ghosts yet.
    05-04-2017 Zach responds with 'Tracking shows they'll be there Friday, or possibly Monday.'
    05-04-2017 I thank Zach for the update and acknowledge that I will probably not see mine until the Gwendy's dust has settled.
    06-19-2017 I asked via this board again if Ghosts has arrived.
    xx-xx-xxxx I receive no response, assuming they have not and Dan is hoping Zach will chime in as it is not CD's issue.
    07-23-2017 Ranger asks on this board 'Have the Ghosts of Benevolence traycases been produced? You've posted a pic of the books but there are no traycases pictured.'
    07-24-2017 Zach responds 'The traycases for Ghosts have been rejected three times because they just weren't right. At least not by my standards. Instead of making the customers wait, just like I did with The Skull Ring, I shipped the books and the traycases will follow.'
    07-24-2017 I ask via this board 'I have Ghosts of Benevolence ordered via Cemetery Dance. Will they be shipping me the book and then the traycase?'
    07-27-2017 Zach responds to several questions with 'Not an excuse. Out of town on dire family business. Little reception here. Will be back, address all asap. Don't want anyone to think I am ignoring.'

At this point I believed that the books have not been shipped to Cemetery Dance, as I have been told they have

I wish Zach nothing but the best and hope King's Way Press all success. I however, will not be a customer. I am done.

Dan if you feel in any way that this post is inappropriate please feel free to delete it.

Thanks,
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• KING'SWAYPRESS
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Etc.

Zach, have you considered changing your ISP or going to GMail or something to address all these email difficulties you continue to experience...?
    Hi All,

Not an excuse. Out of town on dire family business. Little reception here. Will be back, address all asap. Don't want anyone to think I am ignoring.

Z.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
    I actually just had a devil of a time responding back and forth with Glenn Chadbourne on a cover I needed (and why would I not respond to that?) wherein about only every 3rd or 4th email was getting through.
    C. . . . I've changed email servers because too many messages to and from customers were ending up in the ether somewhere. Some communication issues have been my fault and I accept that. Even though I work a lot of hrs at my regular job, I'll be checking my emails daily. I'll respond within 24hrs. As stated before, any additional delays caused by things like rejections of shipments will be communicated clearly and early.
    I'm assuming you're the person who I just replied to earlier tonight after finding messages from a couple of people in my junk folder.
    Etc.

Zach, have you considered changing your ISP or going to GMail or something to address all these email difficulties you continue to experience...?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Slim Mclain
    replied
    Zach, I sent you a PM of an email I've been trying to send you.

thanks.

Take care.

Jim.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Actually, I only received ONE inquiry on that book, and I DID respond in full. Any chance it's in your spam?

I actually just had a devil of a time responding back and forth with Glenn Chadbourne on a cover I needed (and why would I not respond to that?) wherein about only every 3rd or 4th email was getting through.

I'll try to send the email again and copy and paste or forward the original response to you.

and FYI, are you on our FB page? I post regularly there and my last newsletter was about 12 days ago. Let me know if you aren't getting these. It's possible that if my email responses are going to spam, that the newsletters might be too.

Z.
    I do follow you on Facebook. In fact that is where I left the inquiry. In the comments section of one of the posts

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Certainly.

Unfortunately, no I have not received the sig sheets from Steven and I will be touching past with him again today.

The traycases for Ghosts have been rejected three times because they just weren't right. At least not by my standards.

Instead of making the customers wait, just like I did with The Skull Ring, I shipped the books and the traycases will follow.

Z.
    Zach, I have Ghosts of Benevolence ordered via Cemetery Dance. Will they be shipping me the book and then the traycase?

Leave a comment:

• KING'SWAYPRESS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger View Post
    Zach,
    I'm not on facebook so if you could respond to these questions here that would be great.

Have the signature sheets from Steven Saville arrived yet? In an earlier post you said that they were going to be sent over after the Christmas period.
    Have the Ghosts of Benevolence traycases been produced? You've posted a pic of the books but there are no traycases pictured.

Thanks.
    Certainly.

Unfortunately, no I have not received the sig sheets from Steven and I will be touching past with him again today.

The traycases for Ghosts have been rejected three times because they just weren't right. At least not by my standards.

Instead of making the customers wait, just like I did with The Skull Ring, I shipped the books and the traycases will follow.

Z.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Actually, I only received ONE inquiry on that book, and I DID respond in full. Any chance it's in your spam?

I'll try to send the email again and copy and paste or forward the original response to you.

and FYI, are you on our FB page? I post regularly there and my last newsletter was about 12 days ago. Let me know if you aren't getting these. It's possible that if my email responses are going to spam, that the newsletters might be too.

Z.
    Zach,
    I'm not on facebook so if you could respond to these questions here that would be great.

Have the signature sheets from Steven Saville arrived yet? In an earlier post you said that they were going to be sent over after the Christmas period.
    Have the Ghosts of Benevolence traycases been produced? You've posted a pic of the books but there are no traycases pictured.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• KING'SWAYPRESS
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Anyone hear anything from Zach lately? I asked about Poker Club by Ray Garton on Facebook over a month ago and he never responded to my comment. I have had the book on order for years now and was wondering if it was finished. I know Ray was going through a lot of serious medical problems for awhile.
    Am I the only one who gets frustrated with Zach's excuses? Ie. New update soon then nothing for a month or more? Or this is a short note rest of the email later this week then nothing?
    Just needed to vent on this.

Z.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Anyone hear anything from Zach lately? I asked about Poker Club by Ray Garton on Facebook over a month ago and he never responded to my comment. I have had the book on order for years now and was wondering if it was finished. I know Ray was going through a lot of serious medical problems for awhile.
    Am I the only one who gets frustrated with Zach's excuses? Ie. New update soon then nothing for a month or more? Or this is a short note rest of the email later this week then nothing?
    Zach has posted here in the past. Maybe you should try sending him a pm. Just a thought. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    No, you're not alone.

KWP are producing a number of paperbacks. Great if you're a fan of the three authors they continuously publish.
    If you ordered limited editions then as ever it's a waiting game.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    WHWHWHWAAAATTTTTTT!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So Dan have Ghosts of Benevolence arrived yet?

PS - Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Glad to hear that things are moving along. Those Ghosts of Benevolence editions look really nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X