Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zach, I sent you a PM of an email I've been trying to send you.

thanks.

Take care.

Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
      I actually just had a devil of a time responding back and forth with Glenn Chadbourne on a cover I needed (and why would I not respond to that?) wherein about only every 3rd or 4th email was getting through.
      C. . . . I've changed email servers because too many messages to and from customers were ending up in the ether somewhere. Some communication issues have been my fault and I accept that. Even though I work a lot of hrs at my regular job, I'll be checking my emails daily. I'll respond within 24hrs. As stated before, any additional delays caused by things like rejections of shipments will be communicated clearly and early.
      I'm assuming you're the person who I just replied to earlier tonight after finding messages from a couple of people in my junk folder.
      Etc.

Zach, have you considered changing your ISP or going to GMail or something to address all these email difficulties you continue to experience...?
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Etc.

Zach, have you considered changing your ISP or going to GMail or something to address all these email difficulties you continue to experience...?
        Hi All,

Not an excuse. Out of town on dire family business. Little reception here. Will be back, address all asap. Don't want anyone to think I am ignoring.

Z.

Comment

I am afraid the time has come for me to cancel my order for "The Ghosts of Benevolence" and walk from King's Way Press.

I ordered the book in 2015 and to be honest the long wait has nothing to do with my cancelling the order. I actually have several books on order from Cemetery Dance, one of them has been On Order for over 10 years. I am very patient and can find plenty to read so waiting for a book has never been an issue for me.

Deception is where I draw the line. On the rare occasions I have inquired with Cemetery Dance regarding an order I have received an honest response. Sometimes that response has been as simple as 'Can't provide an update, would be happy to offer a refund if the wait has been to long.' I have never cancelled an order sue to production delays. If I had I would not have Legacies or Centuries Best on my bookshelves today.

I feel that the communications from Zach have been less than accurate, and the inaccuracies were not a misstatement.

Here is my timeline for this book:
          01-08-2015 I order The Ghosts of Benevolence from Cemetery Dance
          01-25-2017 Another discussion about KWP on this board happens, Zach comments so I ask for an estimate on Ghosts.
          01-25-2017 Zach responds with 'Already out and shipped. If you have a sub or preorder, you'll be seeing it this week or next.'
          01-25-2017 I respond that I ordered through CD so my wait will be longer but am pleased it is getting closer.
          04-06-2017 I ask, on this board, if CD has received there copies yet.
          04-07-2017 Dan responds 'Nope'
          04-07-2017 I request an update on the shipment of Ghosts to CD through the KWP website.
          04-10-2017 Zach responds via email with 'CD's boxes of books shipped this AM and will be to them within a few days. Sorry for the late reply. Been down almost a month with flu and pneumonia.
          05-03-2017 I ask again on this board if CD has received Ghosts yet.
          05-04-2017 Zach responds with 'Tracking shows they'll be there Friday, or possibly Monday.'
          05-04-2017 I thank Zach for the update and acknowledge that I will probably not see mine until the Gwendy's dust has settled.
          06-19-2017 I asked via this board again if Ghosts has arrived.
          xx-xx-xxxx I receive no response, assuming they have not and Dan is hoping Zach will chime in as it is not CD's issue.
          07-23-2017 Ranger asks on this board 'Have the Ghosts of Benevolence traycases been produced? You've posted a pic of the books but there are no traycases pictured.'
          07-24-2017 Zach responds 'The traycases for Ghosts have been rejected three times because they just weren't right. At least not by my standards. Instead of making the customers wait, just like I did with The Skull Ring, I shipped the books and the traycases will follow.'
          07-24-2017 I ask via this board 'I have Ghosts of Benevolence ordered via Cemetery Dance. Will they be shipping me the book and then the traycase?'
          07-27-2017 Zach responds to several questions with 'Not an excuse. Out of town on dire family business. Little reception here. Will be back, address all asap. Don't want anyone to think I am ignoring.'

At this point I believed that the books have not been shipped to Cemetery Dance, as I have been told they have

I wish Zach nothing but the best and hope King's Way Press all success. I however, will not be a customer. I am done.

Dan if you feel in any way that this post is inappropriate please feel free to delete it.

Thanks,
          Martin

Comment

For what it's worth we have our copies of Ghosts (we have for some time). Only recently have I had a chance to open the boxes and verify counts. We're a couple copies short, not sure if that's on our end (us not ordering enough) or on Zach's. I believe Brian is working on resolving that issue. As far as if they are shipping or not we have not decided how we're going to handle that yet. Since these books technically get traycases, which as I understand it will be coming at a later time, our system isn't really set up in a way that can easily ship these things separately, unless the product was set up that way in the first place. I believe the plan was to go into each order individually and manually add a separate product for the traycase. In the mean time though we have to resolve our book shortage first, again I don't know if that's our fault or Zach's or if they where just lost in the mail (it happens sometimes, just had it happen with PS Pub's Night Shift).
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              For what it's worth we have our copies of Ghosts (we have for some time). Only recently have I had a chance to open the boxes and verify counts. We're a couple copies short, not sure if that's on our end (us not ordering enough) or on Zach's. I believe Brian is working on resolving that issue. As far as if they are shipping or not we have not decided how we're going to handle that yet. Since these books technically get traycases, which as I understand it will be coming at a later time, our system isn't really set up in a way that can easily ship these things separately, unless the product was set up that way in the first place. I believe the plan was to go into each order individually and manually add a separate product for the traycase. In the mean time though we have to resolve our book shortage first, again I don't know if that's our fault or Zach's or if they where just lost in the mail (it happens sometimes, just had it happen with PS Pub's Night Shift).
              Thanks Dan. That matters a lot to me as it informs me that Zach did indeed ship them when he said he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Thanks Dan. That matters a lot to me as it informs me that Zach did indeed ship them when he said he had.
                Okay guys...I'm back. I was away for a long while and with good reason. I am just getting settled back in after losing my mother, which has been quite devastating to me.

An accident took her from us very prematurely and she fought valiantly for several weeks before complications took her away from us. I was lucky enough to at least be by her side through the last few weeks of her life. As stated before, this is not an excuse.

I'll be honest. I haven't had a lot of experience losing close relatives. I'm still a little shell-shocked and I'm fighting depression.

That said, I am returning to things full tilt Monday morning and will be catching up with anyone I've missed and tying up any loose ends. Bear with me a few more days. If you've been waiting to hear back from me, you will shortly. That's a promise. I hope that throwing myself into my regular job and the press will help chase this oppressing depression away. If you haven't heard back from me by Friday and you think you should have, please reach out to me again. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

I appreciate you all and the patience you have afforded me.

Sincerely,
                Zach

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss. You're in our prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
                    Okay guys...I'm back. I was away for a long while and with good reason. I am just getting settled back in after losing my mother, which has been quite devastating to me.

An accident took her from us very prematurely and she fought valiantly for several weeks before complications took her away from us. I was lucky enough to at least be by her side through the last few weeks of her life. As stated before, this is not an excuse.

I'll be honest. I haven't had a lot of experience losing close relatives. I'm still a little shell-shocked and I'm fighting depression.

That said, I am returning to things full tilt Monday morning and will be catching up with anyone I've missed and tying up any loose ends. Bear with me a few more days. If you've been waiting to hear back from me, you will shortly. That's a promise. I hope that throwing myself into my regular job and the press will help chase this oppressing depression away. If you haven't heard back from me by Friday and you think you should have, please reach out to me again. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

I appreciate you all and the patience you have afforded me.

Sincerely,
                    Zach
                    I'm truly sorry to hear about this Zach. I lost my one sister approx. nine days before Christmas of last year. The last time I saw her I left in a depressed state myself due to the condition I found her in. I didn't have my normal appetite for exploring during that trip home to North Dakota. Take care and I hope things get better for you.

Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Today I found a message from Zach Powell saying good news was going up on the page in a few minutes. I assume he means the King's Way Press website. I checked there and don't see any new news or item that would interest people here.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        Today I found a message from Zach Powell saying good news was going up on the page in a few minutes. I assume he means the King's Way Press website. I checked there and don't see any new news or item that would interest people here.

Cap
                        There's an update on the facebook page concerning hardcover releases. No idea if these are the limited editions that have been 'forthcoming' for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                          There's an update on the facebook page concerning hardcover releases. No idea if these are the limited editions that have been 'forthcoming' for quite some time.
                          I guess I will head over the and see. I have not received an email about any updates in awhile.

Comment

Did anyone receive a newsletter giving any details on these hardcovers? I assume that they are standard unsigned hardcovers rather than the signed editions but was curious if anyone had any further information.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                              Did anyone receive a newsletter giving any details on these hardcovers? I assume that they are standard unsigned hardcovers rather than the signed editions but was curious if anyone had any further information.
                              No newsletter but that's what I come to expect from KingsWay Press. The hardcover books are both signed and unsigned. At least that's what I got from the Facebook page post. I don't ever think that the Ray Garton book will be published at this point. This is unfortunately a very unreliable press. Too bad because the books are good quality.

Comment

I don't deal with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X