X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Based on the turnout I have to think it will be the last in store appearance for Joe. Shortly before Joe arrived they announced that if someone needed to use the restroom they should go then because the room was approaching capacity and they may have to stop letting people in. I did not take any pictures of the event but will try to get pictures of the items I got signed posted to my collection thread tomorrow. Here is a preview:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18612[/ATTACH]

Sorry you missed it Ron, it was a fun event.
    Very cool, Martin. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    After the aborted attempt on Friday that I mentioned in another thread, I ended up not making a second attempt to drive down there on Saturday morning. It's the first Joe-Hill signing in our area that I have missed, which I do regret, but I will catch him next time around. Glad you had a great time… Saw a picture of the Powells signing, and it looked like a very healthy turnout.
    Based on the turnout I have to think it will be the last in store appearance for Joe. Shortly before Joe arrived they announced that if someone needed to use the restroom they should go then because the room was approaching capacity and they may have to stop letting people in. I did not take any pictures of the event but will try to get pictures of the items I got signed posted to my collection thread tomorrow. Here is a preview:

P1340816.jpg

Sorry you missed it Ron, it was a fun event.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Spent the afternoon at Powell's for Mr. Hills reading. Alas no Kazoo for me but I did get some nice signatures.
    After the aborted attempt on Friday that I mentioned in another thread, I ended up not making a second attempt to drive down there on Saturday morning. It's the first Joe-Hill signing in our area that I have missed, which I do regret, but I will catch him next time around. Glad you had a great time… Saw a picture of the Powells signing, and it looked like a very healthy turnout.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Spent the afternoon at Powell's for Mr. Hills reading. Alas no Kazoo for me but I did get some nice signatures.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The Fireman will debut on the New York Times best seller list at #1! Mr. Hill's first #1 book.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    Went to the signing in Phoenix tonight. Hill puts on a great signing.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Well, after reading all these Challenger posts; this book is clearly one of fiction! Demand your money back peoples!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    There are Challenger police cruisers. Not many, but some, at least in the Charlotte, NC, area (and others, if Google is any indication).
    Hmm, well, in the book they had a mesh grill separating the front and back seats. They also had someone open the back door, and there are no back doors on the Challenger.

I had to look that up I do see Challenger cruisers. I wonder if they just use them as pursuit/traffic vehicles? Interesting. All the new cruisers around here are Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    The only error that jumped out at me was the incorrect use of a Dodge Challenger as a police cruiser (page 394 or so). It should have been a Dodge Charger, of course.
    There are Challenger police cruisers. Not many, but some, at least in the Charlotte, NC, area (and others, if Google is any indication).

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Almost certainly just formatting. By the time the ARC's are made the story is done and the only changes made at that point are typically formatting / spelling corrections. Most of the time even those aren't made given how close the arc's are typically printed / sent out to the publication date.
    That is my assumption. Also noticed the novel contains credits with a little Easter egg and an afterword that are not included in the ARC.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I don't know if there are any differences, but I had the ARC and purposely didn't read it, just in case.
    Almost certainly just formatting. By the time the ARC's are made the story is done and the only changes made at that point are typically formatting / spelling corrections. Most of the time even those aren't made given how close the arc's are typically printed / sent out to the publication date.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    It is a great story. Noticed today the book is over 60 pages longer than the ARC. Not sure if it is just in the formatting or if there is more in the final version.
    I don't know if there are any differences, but I had the ARC and purposely didn't read it, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I've ordered a signed/#d UK HC 1st copy from Goldsboro, and I won a signed US 1st HC in a contest (getting that one inscribed, actually) and I'll likely order a PS Pub S/L...but I don't have any of these copies yet and likely won't for a while...getting envious of all those who've had a chance to actually read the thing. :-(

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I just finished it tonight. Great story, definitely his best yet, as far as I'm concerned.

I won't post any spoilers, but one of my favorite lines in the book was "An old flame".

The only error that jumped out at me was the incorrect use of a Dodge Challenger as a police cruiser (page 394 or so). It should have been a Dodge Charger, of course.
    It is a great story. Noticed today the book is over 60 pages longer than the ARC. Not sure if it is just in the formatting or if there is more in the final version.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just finished it tonight. Great story, definitely his best yet, as far as I'm concerned.

I won't post any spoilers, but one of my favorite lines in the book was "An old flame".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X