Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theli
    replied
    Maybe he signed 500 plus the lettered for The Fireman and he did an additional 1000 for something, or somethings, else.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It's just been talked about in the newsletter mainly but it's not available for order yet. Here's what I've saved.

I have seen that ad multiple times and just noticed that it says 500 signed copies and Joe mentioned singing 1500 for PS at the Portland signing. I wonder which one is correct?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    I don't see anything about a s/l on PS publishing's page. Anyone have any info on this?
    PS has given multiple dates when they would 'officially' announce this book and all have now passed, the latest being 'Late May'. PS generally puts items up on there page to coincide with their newsletter on Fridays. Hopefully this one will be up for sale soon.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Martin: I am enjoying the story. It's just that I was in awe of Hill's NOS4A2 and as I only heard The fireman is Hill's best yet, my expectations were sky-high. And unfortunately not met so far. I do like the book, but no more than that. I definitely liked NOS4A2 better.
    But that can all change, as I've only read 200 pages so far.

sk
    Got it. I liked The Fireman much better that NOS4A2.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Seip, I am sorry you are not enjoying the story. I loved it from the introduction. I am sticking with just the Goldsboro edition. I would order the trade if a US customer could also get the T-Shirt.
    Martin: I am enjoying the story. It's just that I was in awe of Hill's NOS4A2 and as I only heard The fireman is Hill's best yet, my expectations were sky-high. And unfortunately not met so far. I do like the book, but no more than that. I definitely liked NOS4A2 better.
    But that can all change, as I've only read 200 pages so far.

sk

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    It's just been talked about in the newsletter mainly but it's not available for order yet. Here's what I've saved.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    I don't see anything about a s/l on PS publishing's page. Anyone have any info on this?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Personally, after having read about 150 pages I'm not too impressed yet (seem to be the only one...), but still, this is one for the collection:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the...letitleJoeHill

sk
    Seip, I am sorry you are not enjoying the story. I loved it from the introduction. I am sticking with just the Goldsboro edition. I would order the trade if a US customer could also get the T-Shirt.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Goldsboro will also package it such that, if the bombs fall while it's en route, you can die safe in the knowledge that, unlike you, your book will not succumb to nuclear fire.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Personally, after having read about 150 pages I'm not too impressed yet (seem to be the only one...), but still, this is one for the collection:

sk
    Get it from Goldboro instead...same book, same red-stained page edges, etc....but it's numbered (of 350).

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Thanks for the link, Siep. I have yet to dive into it but those red page edges are freakin' cool!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

sk

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Jealous on that mug, Martin -- I shoulda snagged one of those when they were offered. And now signed -- nice!

Nah, I suspect he'll still tour...he's too much a showman and seems to demonstrably enjoy interacting w/ his readers. He may, though, have to look at holding them at bigger venues or something of that sort. Either way, I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him this time around...that showmanship makes for a great time.
    I think he will still tour. I was saying it will probably be the last in store one. I am guessing he will be someplace like the Baghdad theater next time.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I did not take any pictures of the event
    Here's one:

3339116f-fe9d-43a5-8c71-73448beb55a5_zpsykxauqpx.png

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Based on the turnout I have to think it will be the last in store appearance for Joe. Shortly before Joe arrived they announced that if someone needed to use the restroom they should go then because the room was approaching capacity and they may have to stop letting people in. I did not take any pictures of the event but will try to get pictures of the items I got signed posted to my collection thread tomorrow. Here is a preview:

Sorry you missed it Ron, it was a fun event.
    Jealous on that mug, Martin -- I shoulda snagged one of those when they were offered. And now signed -- nice!

Nah, I suspect he'll still tour...he's too much a showman and seems to demonstrably enjoy interacting w/ his readers. He may, though, have to look at holding them at bigger venues or something of that sort. Either way, I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him this time around...that showmanship makes for a great time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X