Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Dave over at Overlook is good people and has always treated me well. His prices however, can be a bit high. Although I have found some things there at or below issue price.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by A.Bods View Post
    ^Yeah a lousy situation. They can't all be good experiences though, I guess...

The seller was overlookconnectionbookstore on ebay, they seem to have a great rep and sell a number of genuinely remarqued King books. So it was more shocking than had it been a different seller, you'd think they'd take more care with that kind of thing.

Anyhow, in the end I took a slightly higher refund and just kept it. I would've purchased the book in any case at some stage and sending this one back would've meant posting from Japan to the USA. I didn't feel like dragging it out, better to just move onto the next one

They did offer to do me a deal on another item if there was something I fancied but I don't think I'll be shopping there again in a hurry.
    Ohh that's Overlook's ebay account. He should be more than willing to work with you.

Leave a comment:

• A.Bods
    replied
    ^Yeah a lousy situation. They can't all be good experiences though, I guess...

The seller was overlookconnectionbookstore on ebay, they seem to have a great rep and sell a number of genuinely remarqued King books. So it was more shocking than had it been a different seller, you'd think they'd take more care with that kind of thing.

Anyhow, in the end I took a slightly higher refund and just kept it. I would've purchased the book in any case at some stage and sending this one back would've meant posting from Japan to the USA. I didn't feel like dragging it out, better to just move onto the next one

They did offer to do me a deal on another item if there was something I fancied but I don't think I'll be shopping there again in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yikes. That's a bad situation and I'd be rather upset if this was me. Mistakes happen, but this one is rather large one. Hope it all works out well!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Was this eBay? If so ask for enough to bring it back to "list" price. If they aren't willing to give it, file a claim with eBay / PayPal for a full refund and send it back. If you still want the book I can sell you one through CD.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Or a complete refund if you would not have ordered it without the remarque.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Contacted the seller this morning and to their credit I got a reply very quickly.

$20 refund seems way too cheap to me though, seeing as I could've bought the book much cheaper and at less shipping cost from elsewhere. Maybe I should just ask for more.
    Show them a listing for what you see elsewhere and tell them to refund you the difference. Why should you pay for their mistake?

Leave a comment:

• A.Bods
    replied
    Contacted the seller this morning and to their credit I got a reply very quickly.

$20 refund seems way too cheap to me though, seeing as I could've bought the book much cheaper and at less shipping cost from elsewhere. Maybe I should just ask for more.

Hello. I am afraid this is my fault. Two things have happened: First, When you asked the question in my mind I thought it was about N0S4A2 Limited edition by Joe Hill, which is remarqued by the artist. Second our employee used a template and did not remove the Remarque title in the listing. I had no idea it was there and this is a big mistake on our part. I am very, very sorry for any inconvenience I am sitting here with "egg on my face." Can I give you a $20 refund on this purchase? Or is there something else I can do? Again, I am very sorry for this mixup. Just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Quick question to anyone with the PS Publishing Fireman

I picked up a copy of this that was advertised as remarqued by the artist but having received the book, I'm a bit dubious about the claim. This doesn't look like an actual sketch to me but rather a scan. I would appreciate if someone could confirm if this art appears in all copies of the book for me before I ask the seller what they're smoking.

Of course if this is by some stretch a legit sketch and I am the one losing it, then it'd be great to know this too

Thanks

Mine has the same art and is not a Remarque:
    P1360814.jpg

Leave a comment:

• A.Bods
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Yeah, that's the standard title page in the PS edition. Unless there's a remarque hidden elsewhere, the seller either didn't know what they were looking at, or just lied about it.

Thanks for confirming that.

There is no other remarque, and the thing is I sent a message BEFORE purchase asking to confirm there was an actual sketch by book's artist and was told 'yes' (!)

Looks like I'll have to follow this one up.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That's pretty cool regardless! I have yet to purchase a copy.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I can't be positive but I do not believe my title page has that art. I will try to remember when I am home tonight. Appears to be a Remarque to me.
    The extra copies I have here in the warehouse do. We didn't sell remarqued editions, so I have to assume they all do.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Did you get this off of eBay or something? That's just the title page. Is the remarque somewhere else in the book?
    I can't be positive but I do not believe my title page has that art. I will try to remember when I am home tonight. Appears to be a Remarque to me.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Yeah, that's the standard title page in the PS edition. Unless there's a remarque hidden elsewhere, the seller either didn't know what they were looking at, or just lied about it.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Quick question to anyone with the PS Publishing Fireman

I picked up a copy of this that was advertised as remarqued by the artist but having received the book, I'm a bit dubious about the claim. This doesn't look like an actual sketch to me but rather a scan. I would appreciate if someone could confirm if this art appears in all copies of the book for me before I ask the seller what they're smoking.

Of course if this is by some stretch a legit sketch and I am the one losing it, then it'd be great to know this too

Thanks

Did you get this off of eBay or something? That's just the title page. Is the remarque somewhere else in the book?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X