Stephen King's Skeleton Crew now available to order at PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    That's for sure. The CD books are just on another level, but then, they do cost more too. I figure I started buying the PS editions, so I might as well get all of them now.
    Do they cost more? Carrie didn't. I guess the other's probably will, but the price difference is pretty insignificant compared to the quality different. Also PS lettered editions are an extortionate price, with or without King's signature. It's actually embarrassing. I like some of the books they make, but I'm starting to get pretty tired of their business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Do they cost more? Carrie didn't.
      I'm ordering the CD Artist editions, so for me, they are at least double the price. But, as you say, the CD editions are worth it.

Comment

Ordered this a couple days ago. Like the cover. Having a matching set of all five will be nice. I am not getting the next 2 that were announced . Maybe if something else comes along. Would love to see a gift edition from PS or Cemetery Dance for the novella collections. Four Past Midnight and Different Seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Ordered this a couple days ago. Like the cover. Having a matching set of all five will be nice. I am not getting the next 2 that were announced . Maybe if something else comes along. Would love to see a gift edition from PS or Cemetery Dance for the novella collections. Four Past Midnight and Different Seasons.
          Yeah that would be cool. I'll grab Salem's Lot, but skip Night Shift. CD's copy will be fine. Ordered Skeleton Crew today, unable to match my Pet Sematary # unfortunately. Also pretty disappointed about missing out on The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson and the storyboards. Makes me wonder if I should hold off altogether and splurge on the Scream Press edition, at least then I get a King sig, an oversized edition and the full story collection.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            Ordered this a couple days ago. Like the cover.
            PS Publishing received quite a few complaints from people who hated it. Most likely there will be a different cover.
            Personally, I loved it.

sk

Comment

I felt the art to be a little more lighthearted than I would've expected, probably due to colors because the images themselves are still rather scary. But I'm content to leave the aesthetics in the hands of the experts. I didn't mind the crowding that everyone was complaining about. In fact, that same cover in a shaded black and white could be especially striking.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Today I received Skeleton Crew from PS Publishing (Purchased through Cemetery Dance). This is the first of the King reprints I have purchased from PS. With many of the same titles coming out from CD I am someone who prefers the CD books. The smaller format, bright white paper-stock just productions in general I prefer CD's books. I generally by from PS when I like item is not available. I have several Joe Hill books from PS and am glad to have then in my collection. They just don't generate the same emotions for me. Skeleton Crew clearly feels like our friends at PS has stepped up their game. This is a book to be proud of. I hope the 20th Centuries Ghost Anniversary edition is given the same treatment. If it does I will be clearly looking at purchising more PS titles. Greate job Pete Nikki and everyone involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Skeleton Crew clearly feels like our friends at PS has stepped up their game. This is a book to be proud of.
                  I agree, Martin. I just dislike the slipcase art. Thinking I'm probably in the minority there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    I agree, Martin. I just dislike the slipcase art. Thinking I'm probably in the minority there though.
                    I understand where you are coming from on the DJ art. I think it is appropriate for the book but it almost feels childish.

Comment

I have several Joe Hill books from PS and am glad to have then in my collection. They just don't generate the same emotions for me. I hope the 20th Centuries Ghost Anniversary edition is given the same treatment. If it does I will be clearly looking at purchising more PS titles. Greate job Pete Nikki and everyone involved!
                      I understand where you are coming from on the DJ art. I think it is appropriate for the book but it almost feels childish.
                      Yea, maybe that's it on the SC case. Oh well. Onward and upward. I did take a look at 20th Century Ghosts [1oth Anniversary Slipcased Edition] and it looks really nice. More than I'm willing to pay for it I think unless CD grabs a copy or two for CDCC members. Really like that artwork for the unsigneds and the price isn't bad so I'm seriously thinking about picking those up.

Comment

Working...
                      X