Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SubPress: Clive Barker's Books of Blood (6 volume set)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SubPress: Clive Barker's Books of Blood (6 volume set)

SubPress mentioned this on the site today. Even having the trade and limited omnibus volume from Stealth Press, I might still get this. After all, it's Books of Blood kiddies!!

Wow, I'm all in on this one! Please share when it goes up for order.
    " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
    - Cicero

Comment

I would like to pick them all up, but it depends on price point.

Comment

Kind of scared to see the price, but I still think it'll will be worth it. My husband won't think so, but that's okay, because I have a better set of puppy eyes than our three year old! lol

Comment

I will just hope SubPress does not repeat what Stealth Press did and that was include a nude photo of Barker in the book! I never felt a need to see "Little Clive"!
          Last edited by bsaenz24; 11-06-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Meh, i just could never get into some of Barker's stuff, just too far out there for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I will just hope SubPress does not repeat what Stealth Press did and that was include a nude photo of Barker in the book! I never felt a need to see "Little Clive"!
              This makes me want this edition more lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                Never understood why they did that. Pretty much nixed the idea of getting that edition. Pretty excited for the SP edition. Anybody want to start guessing what the price will be for all six volumes? I'm thinking somewhere between 350 and 400 bucks.Though I'm hoping it will be less.

This announcement pretty much takes the wind out of Dark Regions's sails. They just announced that their Barker project will be a limited of just "The Midnight Meat Train". Though if I can't afford the SP set then I might have to settle for the DRP offering.

Comment

Is Midnight Meat Train in the books of blood?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    Is Midnight Meat Train in the books of blood?
                    Yes, it's part of Volume One.
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

Dark Regions is doing a limited of Midnight Meat Train next year.Artwork by the man himself. Clive Barker is hit or miss with me. Love the books of blood and The Great and Secret Show as well as Everville and The Thief of Always. Most of the rest were ugh for me. I will have to think about this one.

Comment

Umm.... Sorry for you....... No not really. I think after thinking about this if the price is right I might go with the Sub. Press edition. Just have to wait and see.
                        Originally posted by pennynutter
                        Guys, I have that Stealth Press edition

Comment

If I remember correctly, the last 6 volume book set that Sub Press released was the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Green Mile.

This was priced at:

Gift Edition $150
                          Signed Limited $900
                          Lettered Edition $2,500

If Sub Press announce a similar pricing strategy for Clive Barker's Books of Blood, then I will have to pass. I cannot justify $900 for a S/L.
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Agreed. I'm hoping around $300-400, I hope that's not unrealistic.

Comment

Up for ordering at Subterranean Press, There goes my replenished funds.

Comment

Working...
                              X