Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Looking at all of these editions of Alice, that book has had some spectacular art from some amazing artists! Damn.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I've looked at that Inky Parrot edition- looks really nice. To further muddy the waters, there's this wonderful edition which I've had for years and can attest it's beautifully illustrated and well made. One of my favorite books in the collection, in fact. Note, I just have the $40 trade edition, second printing. Think I also got this from Bud Plant many years ago (Bud rules- I've discovered so much good art and books and comics from him over the decades). It's really large (tall) and printed on thick coated paper, bound in good cloth.

http://www.cfmgallery.com/alice.html

Hard to tell what the book actually looks like from the CFM Gallery site. Here's another shot.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...nne-1790582009

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I don't see that specific edition on Inky Parrot Press's site - BUT their Alice's Adventures in Wonderland page is fascinating nonetheless!
    Righto, I also checked the Inky Parrot Press site. It's at https://www.budsartbooks.com/.../alices-adventures-in.../ ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I don't see that specific edition on Inky Parrot Press's site - BUT their Alice's Adventures in Wonderland page is fascinating nonetheless!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    To be honest this one interests me much more that the Amaranthine edition.
    It interests me much more too. I've been trying to behave lately. The only classic book I wanted I got in a nice afforable edition-Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. I did finally give in and get a copy of The Knoxville Mermaid by Eleanor Scott and Adam Pernell Deal. The most affordable copy was direct from the publisher.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    To be honest this one interests me much more that the Amaranthine edition.

Leave a comment:

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland / Through The Looking-Glass

I thought posters here might find the below interesting especially since there has been quite a bit of chatter about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass being published by Amaranthine Books. Here is info. about an interesting edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. At first I though I might purchase this special edition (The one at Bud's Art Books). Than I decided no since I would probably want Through The Looking-Glass too. ~Cap

"Hand-Numbered from 126 copies, printed on specialty Italian paper. Highly Recommended. By Lewis Carroll. Reprints, in slightly larger size, the scarce 1929 edition. Artist Willy Pogany had a long and fruitful career, illustrating children’s and adventure books, working in Hollywood, and teaching art. This wonderful new edition collects one of his scarcest and most desirable books. Nearly every page is illustrated, and the entire book is printed in two colors. Pogany’s visualization of Alice is delightful, as you can see just from the cover. His creatures are wonderful, and one or two images from this have often been collected in Alice histories. Inky Parrot Press, 2020."
    "The publisher, Inky Parrot Press, is a British fine press publisher specializing in fine, very limited editions of both rare books and newly illustrated works, like this one. Their books often are sold out by publication date or shortly thereafter, and typically rise quickly in price if they can be found at all. This is already out of print; our supply is very limited."
    More details on the bookseller's website (a seller that I highly recommend): https://www.budsartbooks.com/.../alices-adventures-in.../
    Last edited by c marvel; 02-27-2021, 02:00 AM. Reason: I double posted the info. and didn't catch it. lol
Working...
X