Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keithminnion
    replied
    I was a teenager when the first two books came out (and I dutifully got my SFBC copies!), and though most of the stories in them were indeed memorable, a few (Delany's, Farmer's, Emshwiller's, etc.) even dangerous, what I remember liking the most was Harlan's commentary in his introductions and afterwards. It was the spicy glue that held the books together. The astonishing commentary accompanying Vonnegut's "The Big Space Fuck" in ADV has stayed with me to this day! I glanced through the Patreon link, looking to see if the necessary ingredient of Harlan's commentary would be included in this third volume, but didn't see it. Which would be unfortunate indeed.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    You're a good man Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

This is interesting, however, it's not really clear, after a quick browse, what level you have to join to get the book?? So much verbage that seems to dance around Who gets a copy of the book. It sounds like we get to contribute to getting the book published, but peons don't actually get a copy of the book lol! I'll go back and do a closer read. Thanks for the good info!
    Yeah, there's no level that gives you the book. It's just supporting the effort to get it to publication. I signed up anyway, figure it's going to a good cause.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    It's finally coming, and only 47 years late. It sounds like we'll actually find out what happened back in the early '70s that prevented publication.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/438489...j-5EBMKmoUWeKE
    This is interesting, however, it's not really clear, after a quick browse, what level you have to join to get the book?? So much verbage that seems to dance around Who gets a copy of the book. It sounds like we get to contribute to getting the book published, but peons don't actually get a copy of the book lol! I'll go back and do a closer read. Thanks for the good info!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    started a topic Harlan Ellison's The Last Dangerous Visions

Harlan Ellison's The Last Dangerous Visions

It's finally coming, and only 47 years late. It sounds like we'll actually find out what happened back in the early '70s that prevented publication.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/438489...j-5EBMKmoUWeKE
Working...
X