No announcement yet.

NOS4A2 Signed Hardbounds:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my signed UK edition of NOS4R2 from Goldsboro books today. Packaged very well and the dust jacket was wrapped in broadart sleeve. They even included a postcard promo for the book. First time buying from Goldsboro but will not be my last! I hope to have time to take some pictures of my recent additions tomorrow.

Comment

Goldsboro is a fantastic shop. Can't recommend them enough.

Comment

I received a copy of NOS4A2 the other day, not signed and looks like it is a third printing, and the first thing I noticed was the condition of the edges of the pages. While some pages are cut neat a lot are rough and unfinished. I have attached a photo to show the condition.
        IMG_0371[1].jpg
        I was wondering if this how the book is supposed to look or is it an unfinished copy?
        Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

That is the desired look. I believe the term is 'deckled'.
          Originally posted by drain74 View Post
          I received a copy of NOS4A2 the other day, not signed and looks like it is a third printing, and the first thing I noticed was the condition of the edges of the pages. While some pages are cut neat a lot are rough and unfinished. I have attached a photo to show the condition.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12947[/ATTACH]
          I was wondering if this how the book is supposed to look or is it an unfinished copy?
          Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            That is the desired look. I believe the term is 'deckled'.
            Thanks for the quick response and information. It is the first time I have seen such a finish and was not aware of it.

Thanks again.

Comment

It's supposed to make the book look more expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deckle

Hunter

Comment

Look like the Limited of NOS4A2 will ship late this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Look like the Limited of NOS4A2 will ship late this week!

Comment

I think the limited is the ideal limited edition: Besides the standard signature, you get artwork AND bonus material with the alt. ending and the extra novella. Now THAT is a great limited edition and the oversized page size is a bonus to me.

Comment

completely agree! Can't wait to have this one in my hands!
                      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      I think the limited is the ideal limited edition: Besides the standard signature, you get artwork AND bonus material with the alt. ending and the extra novella. Now THAT is a great limited edition and the oversized page size is a bonus to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        I really wish I had snatched one up. The novella and alternate ending (apparently Hill had written a much more dismal original ending) really intrigues me. The best I can hope for is some extras left over (fingers crossed) or even worse the secondary market.

Comment

When he was in Portland Mr. Hill stated that his mother read the book when it was finished and liked but told him the ending had to go. He changed it and agreed that she was right.
                          Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          I really wish I had snatched one up. The novella and alternate ending (apparently Hill had written a much more dismal original ending) really intrigues me. The best I can hope for is some extras left over (fingers crossed) or even worse the secondary market.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            I really wish I had snatched one up.
                            Me too! I have a S/L Dark Man I'd trade for a copy of the Subterranean S/L of NOS4A2. Anyone have any extras?

Comment

I had one of the s/l NOS4A2 editions ordered, but I ran into a cash crunch and cancelled the order.

John

Comment

Got my shipping notice from Subterranean Press!

Comment

Working...
                                X