New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am currently attempting to ignore today's offer.
    Same here. Succeeding, succeeding, succeeding, succeeding, succeeding....

...help...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Guessing the offer is for collectors club members?
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Had to go back and check my email, yes it was.
        Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        Guessing the offer is for collectors club members?

Comment

Passing on the coupon and most likely The Shining as well. I am in organize and pitch mode right now and my wife is on the same page. With all the books CD is putting out plus
          the New book club I am trying to still figure out what to keep.Look for more stuff for sale soon.

If I were to change my mind I would go with the Gift edition.

Comment

I'm going for the S/L edition. I read The Shining when it came out in paperback back in the early '80s, and it's always been one of my favorites. I've also been resisting the various CD offers to justify spending the $450 on The Shining

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Passing on the coupon and most likely The Shining as well. I am in organize and pitch mode right now and my wife is on the same page. With all the books CD is putting out plus
              the New book club I am trying to still figure out what to keep.Look for more stuff for sale soon.

If I were to change my mind I would go with the Gift edition.
              Hey, you could always give me a late Christmas present!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I was getting the Gift edition, but all this talk about a S/L of Doctor Sleep is making me re-think... But then again, if the wife ever found out that I spent $450 on 1 book, I may not be around to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                  I was getting the Gift edition, but all this talk about a S/L of Doctor Sleep is making me re-think... But then again, if the wife ever found out that I spent $450 on 1 book, I may not be around to enjoy it.
                  Then you just need someone to leave it to......wink wink nudge nudge!

Comment

Sub Press announced that orders will be taken on 1/23/13 at noon EST.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      Then you just need someone to leave it to......wink wink nudge nudge!

Comment

I have to get a s/l, just no question about it, it may be the only book I buy for the whole year but it will be worth it in the long run

Comment

SubPress put a note on their home page today that they will NOT honor requests for specific numbers for The Shining. Nice. Real nice. Gee, do you think King fans MIGHT want the number to match their other limiteds...Maybe???Hhmmmm.... I can ceetainly see that you can't have a given number if someone else asked for it already, but....

Comment

I just don't find much about sp that I really like, but I will try to put aside all that and will try to get a gift edition tomorrow.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm pretty much resigned to a gift edition though I am far from excited about the art just because it IS The Shining. Really don't see dropping that $$$ on art I don't love.

Comment

I'm not wild about SP either. That's awfully rude on their part not to honor any number requests, even from their regular customers even it sounds like. I almost bought Lansdale's Act of Love off eBay not too long ago but decided not to, though it was considerably below the price it was sold for by SP (Definitely didn't seem to be worth $100 to me). Ended up buying a Thunderstorm Black Voltage title for about the price of the Hard Rain editions I've been able to find. I should be picking it up from the post office tomorrow (Was gonna today, but temps were still below 0, so gonna do it tomorrow instead) and will hopefully be able to get pictures posted later tomorrow night of that and my newest package from Cemetery Dance.

I might try to get a gift edition of The Shining, but dunno when I'd be to do that yet. Not too crazy on the price, but at least isn't even higher
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X