• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Value isn't important.
    What you get out of it -enjoyment- is.
    I already own the HCs, but just can't say no to this gorgeous edition.

sk
    Same here! Plus all of the bonus material sounds like a nice addition as well!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Value isn't important.
    What you get out of it -enjoyment- is.
    I already own the HCs, but just can't say no to this gorgeous edition.

sk

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I forgot all about these until I received an email (yesterday?). I'd like to buy all the comics but it's just too much. Just the first series has covered my entire chest of drawers in the spare room where I keep so many comics....I think it's defintely best just waiting for the HCs. Or hell, not even buying them at all. If you buy the comics and/or books, what happens if you discover you're missing some issues? It'l drive you crazy trying to track down the ones you don't have. Besides, I don't think any of this stuff will be worth much. Maybe 50 years from now lol, but it's not like some limited edition.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I'm going to wait and pick up a copy in the secondary market. I'm sure it will drop in price somewhat. I own all the comics and hardcovers, so I'm sure there's no new offerings in this volume, but it sure looks great!

John

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yeah, I think so too

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.
    Definitely the latter!

sk

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Oh, I forgot (and I'm not purposely doing this to pump up my post count)....about how you say mass produced comics won't be worth much. I don't think they will either. Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.
    I was told (and I think I mentioned this before) years ago the first issue I had and several more after the first of Poison Elves, were worth a lot of money. To who?? If I put the first few issues of Poison Elves on eBay for $700, I'd be laughed at

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.
    Yeah. And you even forgot to mention Little Sisters of Eluria lol! Way too many. It took me years to try and get every single first edition of the Poison Elves series, and finally it was completed (but I think only because the author died..). There's no way I'm doing that with all these other comics. But you mention American Vampire...forget about that one. I guess that will be in HC too someday? I did by "N" here at CD in HC.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....
    Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!
    Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by calason View Post
    I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!
    I will email my contact there and ask!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• calason
    replied
    I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
    One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.
    Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Expensive, but of course I ordered a copy!

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X