The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yes my answer is get both.I did.Plus the comics every month.Yes Yes I know now you hate me too..
    Me too, I started with the comics for both The Stand and The Dark Tower (some of the comics are signed by the illustrators) then purchased the ARC hardcovers as they were released , then purchased this omnibus. Now I see that they're releasing The Stand as a H/C omnibus, which is a good thing in that, unlike The Gunslinger, you know that there will (hopefully) be no new stuff added. The Dark Tower series could just go on forever, or until people stop buying them (although, personally, I hope it's the former, and not the latter)

Comment

This last arc comming up in the discription says will Roland Sacrifice Jake.This whole series has followed the books pretty well.The first one did somewhat.I like how they are filling in some of the missing pieces.Kind of what I hear about the WTTK.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        I find ebay horrible for buying books. you never know what your really getting and the shipping prices are worse than anywhere else. Sometimes its the only option but thats the only time I bother.
        Have you tried ABE for looking for collectible books Teri? I've switched my allegiance from eBay to ABE for the reasons already stated here (shipping charges are nuts, and the books are sometimes not as described - mostly because the people selling them really have no idea about 1st editions, etc, etc). ABE is chock full of sellers that know their books (and what they're worth on the marketplace) and are generally far more reliably then eBay folks (I've had a couple of books go astray, or have not been exactly what they were advertised as being, and ABE has sorted them out to my satisfaction in every occasion)

Comment

What I meant is I thought it had ALL of them meaning Little Sisters, The Battle of Tull, and the Journey begins as well. Just not Way Station. I didnt even notice these last four were The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I thought all 8 of them were in the omnibus, even though at some point I did read the description I didnt notice somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
            Have you tried ABE for looking for collectible books Teri? I've switched my allegiance from eBay to ABE for the reasons already stated here (shipping charges are nuts, and the books are sometimes not as described - mostly because the people selling them really have no idea about 1st editions, etc, etc). ABE is chock full of sellers that know their books (and what they're worth on the marketplace) and are generally far more reliably then eBay folks (I've had a couple of books go astray, or have not been exactly what they were advertised as being, and ABE has sorted them out to my satisfaction in every occasion)
            I find ABE hard to search. It gives you crap you don't want and people knowing what they have is not always a good thing. Just look at alot of the prices they are asking. almost everything I have seen on ABE is well out of my price range.

Comment

Amazon had it yesterdag for $60.00!
              It's up to $94.50 today!

sk

Comment

Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here. I have to order from amazon.ca and its $104 or $107 somethig like that I forget which.

Comment

Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here.
                  When I checked a couple of hours ago, it was up again.
                  And you're right, it's $55.75 right now.
                  Lets see if they ship to my location....

Yep.
                  But I'm going to order when it's going to cost me even less.

sk

Comment

Yeah, Im waiting for it to get cheaper as well. $50 would be ok, but if that was with shipping.

Comment

Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here. I have to order from amazon.ca and its $104 or $107 somethig like that I forget which.
                      I've heard from a lot of collectors that the copies they tried to get from Amazon arrive really banged up. Amazon uses next to no packing material when shipping these for some reason. One guy went through 5 return and exchanges before giving up!
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Yeah, i heard that too Brian. And it's true. Whenever amazon ships me books i'm always worried. They always come with no bubble wrap or peanuts, or any kind of protection!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          Yeah, Im waiting for it to get cheaper as well. $50 would be ok, but if that was with shipping.
                          Shipping isn't bad.
                          Around ten bucks...

sk

Comment

I just bought this book from Amazon this week. It came in a box that was too big, but they used a bunch of air pillows to keep it safe. It arrived in excellent condition, but I think part of that is explained by the fact that the book shipped fro New Hampshire and I received it the next day (just south of Boston).

Comment

Another reason I haven't actually bought this set is indeeed the lousy packaging Amazon provides.
                              I do want it in mint condition.

sk

Comment

I've never had an issue with their packaging. Got all my dt paperbacks and several other books from them. They were packed tight and used this air packet thing. Not a ding or dent at all. And paperbacks get damaged just by opening them lol. Amazon is alway free shipping over $35 if its not something crazy big. I ordered all kinds of other stuff from them that came fine and free as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X