X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Every Lonely Road Books title is slipcased or traycased. Check out the photos on the website for some samples:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photosandart.html

The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition will have a 7 X 10 trim size. I don't have the final page count because we're still working on the design, but I'll post it when I do if I remember. The text should be VERY readable, though, if you have any concerns about that. These editions are meant to be read (if you want to!).

Brian
    Really? I'll have to look at more of those (I mean how they're all slipcased). The few I have from Lonely Road are very nice looking; they remind me of Grant Hardcovers....didn't you also do The New Neighbor by Garton many years ago? I remember getting it cheap when Nick Certo was going out of business (the mail order business) back in the 90's, but it's still in my closet .

Oh by small I just meant the entire book, I don't need reading glasses yet LOL. I will soon at my age but not just yet. My lettered version looks like it's about 5 by 7 or 8.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I hope it's bigger than my lettered. It's nice but back then I think they were purposely making books smaller for financial reasons, but they still are not including slipcases for limiteds which I really don't like!
    Every Lonely Road Books title is slipcased or traycased. Check out the photos on the website for some samples:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photosandart.html

The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition will have a 7 X 10 trim size. I don't have the final page count because we're still working on the design, but I'll post it when I do if I remember. The text should be VERY readable, though, if you have any concerns about that. These editions are meant to be read (if you want to!).

Brian

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I hope it's bigger than my lettered. It's nice but back then I think they were purposely making books smaller for financial reasons, but they still are not including slipcases for limiteds which I really don't like! It seems only King's Way Press is but the materials are not high quality and I don't think I'll be buying anymore of them (Dracula is the perfect example). Sorry Zach if you see this, but mine was a mess like many others were here.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Can't wait to see the art and to have this book in my hands!

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I want this one! It will be my second The Exorcist limited, except my first one is a lettered from Gauntlet. I keep wondering how much it's worth...

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    YYYYYAAAAYYYYYY bonus art!!! Thanks Brian!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Caniglia has turned in all of the color interior artwork, and he really went overboard. The original plan was 6 pieces, but there's definitely more than that here. I'm going to break the budget a bit to include ALL of them.

The book is being designed now -- it took forever to get the final files from the trade publisher because they like to drag their feet on these things -- but we're moving along at a good clip now.

Also, a special unannounced bonus for the Lettered Edition customers: there will be entirely different artwork on the Lettered Edition's DJ.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Glad I got this one!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Awesome, love Caniglia's art

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Really like this cover.haunting and fasinating. So looking forward to the rest of the art work as well as the book.2012 is going to be great.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Can't wait for this one! I visited Canigila's website before buying it and that's what decided it for me. The art work is aboslutely beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Absolutely love that cover!!!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Warning: The cover does not get LESS creepy when you view the larger version!!! I think Caniglia was easily THE BEST choice for someone to create art for a book like The Exorcist!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Today I’m extremely pleased to unveil Caniglia’s incredible cover artwork for the Lonely Road Books special Limited Edition of The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Edition by William Peter Blatty:

Click here or on the image for a much larger version!

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yeah, but there's Eaten Alive by Hooper and the inferior Eaten Alive cannibal flick. I liked the Hooper film so much I bought the anniverary edition! It's great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X