The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Every Lonely Road Books title is slipcased or traycased. Check out the photos on the website for some samples:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photosandart.html

The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition will have a 7 X 10 trim size. I don't have the final page count because we're still working on the design, but I'll post it when I do if I remember. The text should be VERY readable, though, if you have any concerns about that. These editions are meant to be read (if you want to!).

Brian
    Really? I'll have to look at more of those (I mean how they're all slipcased). The few I have from Lonely Road are very nice looking; they remind me of Grant Hardcovers....didn't you also do The New Neighbor by Garton many years ago? I remember getting it cheap when Nick Certo was going out of business (the mail order business) back in the 90's, but it's still in my closet .

Oh by small I just meant the entire book, I don't need reading glasses yet LOL. I will soon at my age but not just yet. My lettered version looks like it's about 5 by 7 or 8.

Comment

According to our website "The New Neighbor" was in 2005.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        According to our website "The New Neighbor" was in 2005.
        No possible way. I mean the very original from Garton where there were only 500 done and I remember reading it wasn't supposed to be re-printed in any other format. It's slipcased and has been sitting on the top shelf in one of my closets for at least 15 years (at least it seems that long, not possible I bought it in 2005).
        CD must have done an edition too??

Comment

Yea I was talking about our edition, didn't realize you where talking about someone else's.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/garton08
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            No possible way. I mean the very original from Garton where there were only 500 done and I remember reading it wasn't supposed to be re-printed in any other format. It's slipcased and has been sitting on the top shelf in one of my closets for at least 15 years (at least it seems that long, not possible I bought it in 2005).
            CD must have done an edition too??
            Charnel House published a 500 copy edition in 1991.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
              Charnel House published a 500 copy edition in 1991.

Brian
              That's right, Charnel House. I was thinking it was Lonely Road....is the former even in business anymore?

But I wish I would of bought CD's version too. Hell maybe I did but can't remember. I bought your version of The Woman by Ketchum even though I have the original limited as well.

Comment

Yes Charnel House is still around. They mainly do Koontz's new limiteds. I'm sure Grant will show some in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                  Yes Charnel House is still around. They mainly do Koontz's new limiteds. I'm sure Grant will show some in the next week or so.
                  Why would you say that ??? I only have ... oh .. yeah ... right ... now I remember .... 13 of them ????

Seriously though, Charnel House do beautiful work, the DRK's I have are Japanese silk bound (including the slipcases) and are works of art

Comment

The Taking is amazing. I kind of slacked off on getting them though. One day..

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                      The Taking is amazing. I kind of slacked off on getting them though. One day..
                      For me, it was a case of right place, right time ... I picked mine up as a "job lot" at a ridiculous price (I vacillated for a while, will I, won't I, but ultimately couldn't resist as I really like DRK's work - he's not for everyone, sure, but his stuff does speak to me)

Comment

I need to get a Koontz limited since I've already said on here I don't think I have a single book by him that's signed.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          I need to get a Koontz limited since I've already said on here I don't think I have a single book by him that's signed.
                          Positive on this one - they're far less expensive than SK's limiteds. Negative - stopping at just one I started out wanting only to collect the five from Dark Harvest, then it spread to the four from Cemetery Dance, then a bunch from Putnam, then a bigger bunch from Charnel House. Scott, mate, it's a disease !!!!

Comment

LOL. I did have one a long time ago but for some reason sent it back, and yep, I know they're a lot cheaper than King's (whose are more expensive???), but that surprises me actually; Koontz is very well known and it wouldn't surprise me if he's written a bunch more novels than King has. And I know some of his stuff has been made into movie because I saw them

Comment

Koontz movies
                              Black River
                              Intensity
                              Phantoms
                              Mr. Murder
                              Watchers (4 of them)
                              Demon Seed
                              Servants of Twilight
                              Hideaway
                              Frankenstein (had his name removed tho)

I might have missed a few, tired right now.

My first limited ever was Dragon Tears, still one of my top 5 fave books.

Comment

I saw a couple Koontz limiteds at Betts and damn near bought one. But again, since my main concern is collectibility, I bought a couple signed King books instead.

And like I said previously, I do admire them and they're awesome to look at, so it's not all about money for me. If it was I'd be selling them all, but as of now, I only sold Desperation and The Colorado Kid because the latter was very small and I think I got sent a freak copy and it's probably worth a lot more than I got for it (just $200).

Comment

Working...
                                X