No announcement yet.

The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was considering making it my next read, but I will probably read a couple of shorter books first after I finish the long book I am reading right now. One will hopefully be a Goodreads win that has been long delayed in shipping
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

To anyone who has received theirs already, what you describe as being the feature/s of this edition that make it stand out as a LRB publication as opposed to a CD one?

Looking forward to receiving mine.

Cheers
      James

Comment

The most important one is that The 40th Anniverasy Edition has Blatty's revised text; CD's edition has the original published text(along with Legion) plus the interview with Blatty. The production values are both great and the art for both is superb.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Got my copy today and pics don't do it justice, it is beautiful!

Comment

In case there are any other schmucks like me who didn't order it when it first was announced and would like a copy, I see that Miskatonic books has one copy for the asking price of $100! Believe me when I say it is worth every penny

Looks like someone bought it, I will take the link down now
            Last edited by Tommy; 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I'm reading this now. What a beautiful book!!

Comment

Photos of the Lettered Edition of THE EXORCIST by William Peter Blatty have been added to the LRB website:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photo.../the-exorcist/

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Gorgeous! Great work as always.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's ANOTHER stunning volume Brian!!! Thank you as always for your unrelenting efforts!

Comment

That lettered edition is beautiful! Dear lord, I envy those who snagged a copy!

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Good to see you fixed the typo on the traycase for the lettered edition!

Comment

I remember reading this book AFTER watching the movie and immediately thinking that the movie sucked in comparison to the book.

This is a brilliant book and the lettered edition does look truly stunning.
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

I thought the movie was better than the book. At the least the theatrical cut of the movie. The book was definitely better than the director's cut.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A super looking book. Happy with my limited but man that is over the top nice.

Comment

I agree with everyone, It is a magnificent volume that any collector would be honored to own

Comment

Working...
                                X