Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Actually, Brian should have sent a pizza with the book. Now THAT would have been perfect!!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    mmmmmmmm pizza....

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Kim has really bad taste! The book looks freaking great!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Hey guys, I'm really thrilled with the feedback on the book so far. I have to say, this email I received in December has been in the back of my mind, so the positive feedback is very heartening:

Hi Folks, I do not normally do this, but I just saw what you are proposing as
    the covers for this book.

I am very disappointed. It will devalue the book, it literally looks
    like pavement pizza, I'm going to cry, I buy these books because they
    are usually works of art, but this ...

Can you go back to the black cover with the red writing, anything
    would be better than what you have on the website. I can't believe it,
    I am in shock. Blech!

Heartbroken
    Kim

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    hoheaoheohaohaeae!!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Glad you like it Brad. I know we're all really happy with how it came out. I know I'm happy to have one sitting on my self at home.
    Hard to say what that will do to the resale value... You never know...

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
    Just received my copy #17 today and I gotta say it's the most beautiful looking LRB book to date IMO! Absolutely gorgeous, thanks Brian and CD.
    Thanks! I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

Brian

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    Oooookay. That feels pretty good, huh? Most people put them on their shelves.
    Kinky, Dan, vvveerrryyy kinky

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied
    Just received my copy #17 today and I gotta say it's the most beautiful looking LRB book to date IMO! Absolutely gorgeous, thanks Brian and CD.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Glad you like it Brad. I know we're all really happy with how it came out. I know I'm happy to have one sitting on my self at home.
    Oooookay. That feels pretty good, huh? Most people put them on their shelves.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Awwwrighhhhttt - mine's on the way across the ocean (doing the Dance of 1,000 Critters right now)

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one of the highlights of any library.
    Thanks, Brad! I'm really pleased with how the book turned out.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one og the highlights of any library.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one of the highlights of any library.
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Shhhh.......................

Leave a comment:

Working...
X