Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blockade Billy (Limited and Lettered Editions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Dribble, drool, hmmm, lettered editions, doughnuts .... Okay, show us the money (or Lettered) then Brian (just a little sneaky peek'll do)

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    True! I wish we'd get s sneak-peek of the lettered Full Dark No Stars!!

sk
    I might be able to post some photos of the book itself in the near future. We generally prefer to wait until we have the complete production for that, but I'll see how much progress the box maker has made in his next update!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oh yeah Siep, I'd like to see that too !!!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    True! I wish we'd get s sneak-peek of the lettered Full Dark No Stars!!

sk

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I love the cases CD has for their books! Can't wait to see what a traycase for a lettered edition looks and feels like!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I guess I should have said, one of the most gorgeous productions I own.
    The case is nicer than the book!

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I was lucky to get a lettered.
    It's one of the most gorgeous books I own.

sk

Leave a comment:

• LoStAlIvE
    replied
    I love the Lettered edition can't afford it but would love to have just the traycase it is really nice looking.

Leave a comment:

• jimimck
    replied
    Oh this was driving me nuts knowing there was some hidden trivia out there :-) Glad to finally know. I have the one with him in front of the stadium...

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Brian posted a more in-depth explanation on his blog.

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...aseball-cards/

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    That's a great bit of trivia! I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Yea I was really hoping people would puzzle this one out, but it looks like everyone who's on the different message boards all got the same card.

Edit: Also it really freaked me out for a min when I was shipping the Blockade Billy's, as I didn't know there was supposed to be two different cards.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I don't know that I can show you a picture, as I don't think we have any of the one left. But about 1/4 of the cards have King standing in front of a different background. If I remember correctly, it's because no one could decide which image they liked better, or something like that.
    There were two different photos for the SK baseball cards. One card used the original photo of King that he sent us. The other was the same photo of King, only he was photoshopped into a stock photo of Wrigley field. We couldn't find a good stock photo of Fenway that had the right perspective. The backs of the cards were the same. These might not be the exact final versions, but they'll give you an idea of what each card looked like:

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by LoStAlIvE View Post
    Can you tell us what it is now and show us some pictures of the differences?
    I don't know that I can show you a picture, as I don't think we have any of the one left. But about 1/4 of the cards have King standing in front of a different background. If I remember correctly, it's because no one could decide which image they liked better, or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• LoStAlIvE
    replied
    Can you tell us what it is now and show us some pictures of the differences?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X