Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I keep forgetting to read the damn book. I have so many it's nuts. Literally.

Leave a comment:

• Justin Case
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I would love to see someone do a nice edition of the complete stories of EAP. The trade hardcovers out there that I've seen are not very impressive.
    I don't know how complete it is but Centipede Press has a pretty cool edition via their Masters of The Weird Tales series... pricey but very cool none the less.

Leave a comment:

• njhorror
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Wow I didn't realize it went OOP so quickly. I have the limited but don't even remember when it arrived. I just have to get organized one of these days...but it is a great book.
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    That's just freaking awesome! The Simpsons introduced you to E.A.P. I love it and for some strange reason this makes me feel old.
    That really is awesome, isn't it? Way back in the day, I had an English teacher/yearbook advisor in high school who asked me if I could record that episode for her to use in one of her classes...

Brian

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Wow I didn't realize it went OOP so quickly. I have the limited but don't even remember when it arrived. I just have to get organized one of these days...but it is a great book.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I would love to see someone do a nice edition of the complete stories of EAP. The trade hardcovers out there that I've seen are not very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    My favorite story by Poe has to be The cask of Amontillado. The first line was sheer brilliance. Love me some Edgar, ya'll.

Randar

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
    I hate that I missed this! I discovered Poe as a kid watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror. (the first one I believe) Bart was telling the story of the Raven. I started to read Poe stories and I genuinely scared the living daylights out of myself. It was my first real introduction to horror fiction.
    That's just freaking awesome! The Simpsons introduced you to E.A.P. I love it and for some strange reason this makes me feel old.

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    I hate that I missed this! I discovered Poe as a kid watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror. (the first one I believe) Bart was telling the story of the Raven. I started to read Poe stories and I genuinely scared the living daylights out of myself. It was my first real introduction to horror fiction.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I think Poe has to be the greatest writer of horror poems/short stories in history. Maybe Lovecraft can come close, but Poe is still number one to me.
    Love Poe

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I think Poe has to be the greatest writer of horror poems/short stories in history. Maybe Lovecraft can come close, but Poe is still number one to me.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am still working my way through O'Nan's work but my favorite so far is 'A Song for the Missing'. I was able to read Monster's when it was reprinted. I am not able to remember what is was reprinted in but I really enjoyed the story.
    CD #61. I might have arranged that because I wanted more readers to read it. I think it then got reprinted somewhere else, too...

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am still working my way through O'Nan's work but my favorite so far is 'A Song for the Missing'. I was able to read Monster's when it was reprinted. I am not able to remember what is was reprinted in but I really enjoyed the story.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I passed on this. At the time I had only read O'Nan's Red Sox Non Fiction work. I have since read some of his fiction and regret not ordering this. He is a very good story teller. I also want the Monsters Chap Book that came with this.
    I have been a huge fan of O'Nan's work for a long time, maybe since Snow Angels. You never know what he's going to write next, no two books are the same, and even when he writes something I didn't think I would like, I end up liking it!

Monsters is one of my favorite short stories of his, and I love how the chapbook turned out. I hope you can find one on the secondary market!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I passed on this. At the time I had only read O'Nan's Red Sox Non Fiction work. I have since read some of his fiction and regret not ordering this. He is a very good story teller. I also want the Monsters Chap Book that came with this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X