• Show
Clear All

[IDEXED]King Blood

"Simon Clark has what it takes to be another Stephen King!"
    — Bentley Little

"Not since I discovered Clive Barker have I enjoyed horror so much."
    — Nightfall

King Blood
    A Brand New SIGNED Limited Edition by Simon Clark!

In-Stock & Shipping Now!

Hi Folks!

Today we're very pleased to announce King Blood by Simon Clark has arrived at our warehouse and we've started filling the preorders! There will not be a lot of copies left after the retailers are taken care of, so please don't wait to order if you're interested in adding this massive end of the world novel to your collection!

About the Book:
    Warm
    Rick Kennedy feels pretty good. Tonight there's going to be the party of the summer. The brother he hasn't seen for years has just flown in, and this is the night Rick plans to do something about Kate Robinson -- the beautiful girl he just can't get out of his mind. In the pleasant village of Fairburn the evening air is warm...

Warmer
    And this is the night that Rick encounters the mysterious stranger in the woods.

Hot
    Soon he wakes to find 30,000 refugees choking the streets. People are running for their lives. Only there's nowhere to run.

Hotter
    The ground heats up inexorably. Roads melt. Cities erupt into flame. Lakes boil. Pockets of natural gas explode like nuclear bombs and geysers of scalding water flood through whole communities.

Burning
    Survivors search desperately for refuge in a landscape burning forever hotter beneath their feet. But they have yet to confront the Grey Men — and the demons inside themselves...

About the Author:
    Simon Clark lives in Doncaster, England with his family. When his first novel, Nailed by the Heart, made it through the slush pile in 1994 he banked the advance and embarked upon his dream of becoming a full-time writer. His subsequent novels include Blood Crazy, Darkness Demands, Death's Dominion, and The Night of the Triffids, which continues the story of Wyndham's classic The Day of the Triffids. His revival of the wickedly ambulatory Triffid plants won the British Fantasy Society's August Derleth Award for best novel. He also created and co-presented "Winter Chills" for the BBC TV.

Click Here to order the book

Click Here to discuss the book
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 04-27-2011, 01:29 AM.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Just rec'd King Blood. Great edition.

Comment

Mine came today too! Alan M. Clark's cover rocks, and I can't wait to have some long nights reading this one.

Comment

What did the page count turn out to be on that one. It was supposed to be in the neighborhood of 800 or so, wasn't it?

Comment

They used smaller print, and it ended up 478 pages (plus some white pages). BTW, the foil stamp is a beauty!
          Last edited by Antmusic; 05-05-2011, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            What did the page count turn out to be on that one. It was supposed to be in the neighborhood of 800 or so, wasn't it?
            Yeah, the first pass of the design came in around that length, but we would have needed to raise the price much higher for that kind of printing bill, so the designer went back to the drawing board... so to speak! I think it is still VERY readable and not like some paperbacks we all remember from the '80s that required a magnifying glass.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

King Blood...WOW

All I can say is WOW. Anyone else receive this book? It came in the mail beginning of last week, and I once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I honestly was not prepared for how moving and fantastic of a story this ended up being.

Simon Clark certainly has a way with words... I found myself more engaged than I have been in quite some time while reading during certain action passages of the book. And some of the narrative nuances such as telling things from the point of view of different characters worked really, really well in building suspense, ESPECIALLY during the later stages of the book.

So yeah, if you are a fan of horror you owe it to yourself to order this book. I had never heard of Simon Clark or King Blood, and only ordered it because the description seemed intriguing. I have never been more happy with a purchase. In fact, if I didn't have to study for three final exams next week (finishing my masters in accounting degree), I would have begun the book again immediately upon finishing it. I felt it was that good.

I am curious to see what others thought. I wanted to post a review for this book on the cemetery dance site, but could not find a link to do so with the updated site. Which, by the way, looks fantastic!

Comment

Amazing book. Moderators, feel free to move my post from general discussion over to here. I didn't realize there was already a thread for King Blood.

On another note, I am angry at myself for missing out on the traycased edition! Blah, scouring the internet now but highly doubt one of the 26 that purchased this is willing to part with it. Hey CD, I will give you $200 if you print me the 27th copy!!!
                Last edited by folgersnyourcup; 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
                  Amazing book. Moderators, feel free to move my post from general discussion over to here. I didn't realize there was already a thread for King Blood.

On another note, I am angry at myself for missing out on the traycased edition! Blah, scouring the internet now but highly doubt one of the 26 he purchased this is willing to part with it. Hey CD, I will give you $200 if you print me the 27th copy!!!
                  It's definitely a little early to find the Lettered edition on the internet yet, as it hasn't shipped yet, we're still waiting on the tray cases to be made. I think we're expecting to ship with our "mass lettered exodus" this summer.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ha thanks. That would be probably the biggest part of why I was unable to find any! I don't expect to ever find any though, I wouldn't part with it either!

Comment

Noone else ordered this and read it? If not, I suggest you do...

Comment

I got this in the mail last week and it looks great. Haven't started reading it yet as I have so many books I still need to read
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Wow what a surprise! No, not that it is a very nice signed limited edition. Cemetery Dance always publishes a fine quality book in my opinion. I just did not expect this story to grab me and not let go. I started reading a few pages and soon my imagination was soaring in overdrive. Fascinated and appalled from one page to the next eager to explore what would happen along the way and I did not want to put it down. Now, I will add this to my list of favorite books. Wish I had ordered a Lettered Edition of this one too!!

Comment

ya know, I'm on the fence about this one; I've got it in paperback and I wasn't blown away by it. I know CD will deliver a beautiful book, but since I have to wait and see what big news is coming on the 23rd....(kinda the strain/SOD 1&2 alover again--for those of you who read that post.)
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm 300 pages into this one and really enjoying it. I had no idea what it was about before ordering it, but I'm glad I got it!

Comment

Working...
                              X