Clear All

• Teriw
    replied
    Wow thats a long time. I better not have to wait 5 years..lol

Leave a comment:

• keysersoze
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Me TOO! I wish they would just announce this already. Been waiting since I got here, two years ago now aint it? lol. I'd hate to be someone who ordered it long before that.
    I ordered this at the first of 2008 it's been a long wait. I would love to know what the print run will be.....

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    I don't even remember when I ordered, but the price increase has me very hopeful for some real treats inside!
    Same here, excited to see which signatures will be in the limited edition, and can't wait to see what stories will be in it for me to read (the trade hardcover, of course, not the signed limited). Curious what the print run will be for it as well

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Me TOO! I wish they would just announce this already. Been waiting since I got here, two years ago now aint it? lol. I'd hate to be someone who ordered it long before that.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Glad I ordered before any price increases too! And any other bonus will be more than welcome too, of course! Can't wait to see all the details about this, but know that it will be worth waiting for.
    I don't even remember when I ordered, but the price increase has me very hopeful for some real treats inside!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Glad I ordered before any price increases too! And any other bonus will be more than welcome too, of course! Can't wait to see all the details about this, but know that it will be worth waiting for.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Yup me too. I can wait for this book, but I sure don't want to.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Me to. This will be a great book I am positively positive.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Knowing the price is going to change makes me feel much better about preordering this.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
    I like that too!
    ha! Although if I do think of some other bonus, we'll probably do that, too.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• rusty23
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    No, I think they just get to pay the lower prices they paid compared to the final retail prices, to be announced!

Brian
    I like that too!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    So much so that you're giving everyone that has already preordered it an extra chapbook or something
    No, I think they just get to pay the lower prices they paid compared to the final retail prices, to be announced!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    So much so that you're giving everyone that has already preordered it an extra chapbook or something

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    It is going to be AWESOME, I think, but there's just still moving pieces to fall into place. We've changed the focus a bit in a way that I think will make it even more exciting for collectors. It will be a BIG book with a ton of great stories and a ton of people signing the signed editions.

I think it will be well worth the wait and I wish I could tell you more, but we really need to hear back from the last contributors first. We don't like announcing a partial TOC because A) some people think it's final no matter how we preface it and they feel let down because "their" author isn't there (even though he or she might be in the works!) and B) to an author or agent who is still negotiating, it can look like a "pressure tactic" to make them make a decision. We don't do that.

I've also made a rookie mistake by saying "we'll announce the TOC (this summer, etc)" which I shouldn't have done. I was sure the last pieces were almost in place and we definitely would be able to announce, but I shouldn't have put a time frame out there. I was just excited and want to announce details!

Thank you to all of our collectors who have shown tremendous patience on this one. We really do appreachiate your support. We have the best collectors in the world.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    sounds awesome, brian. i know it'll be awesome, so i will patiently wait for my beautiful edition to arrive in my mailbox. i mean, on my doorstep, no way that beast is fitting in my mailbox. you guys do great work, keep doing that. i totally understand how this became so complicated, and when you're dealing with big authors, you don't say "Hurry up." i'm sure it will be fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    ah, man...still jonesing for this one. 25 Years of CD Goodness. i just heard Richard Chizmar say it was 25 and that shocked me.
    It is going to be AWESOME, I think, but there's just still moving pieces to fall into place. We've changed the focus a bit in a way that I think will make it even more exciting for collectors. It will be a BIG book with a ton of great stories and a ton of people signing the signed editions.

I think it will be well worth the wait and I wish I could tell you more, but we really need to hear back from the last contributors first. We don't like announcing a partial TOC because A) some people think it's final no matter how we preface it and they feel let down because "their" author isn't there (even though he or she might be in the works!) and B) to an author or agent who is still negotiating, it can look like a "pressure tactic" to make them make a decision. We don't do that.

I've also made a rookie mistake by saying "we'll announce the TOC (this summer, etc)" which I shouldn't have done. I was sure the last pieces were almost in place and we definitely would be able to announce, but I shouldn't have put a time frame out there. I was just excited and want to announce details!

Thank you to all of our collectors who have shown tremendous patience on this one. We really do appreachiate your support. We have the best collectors in the world.

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X