X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Litle.
    About a third of the way through Mr. Malerman’s story and I am enjoying it. Mr. Terry, if you get a chance please thank him for farming this out to such a great writer.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I ordered both editions because I'm secretly infatuated with Little. I just can't break his gravitational pull. I'm trapped in his orbit.
    Called it!!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Jeff, did you order this title? Assuming it was because of the Bentley ghost writing??
    I ordered both editions because I'm secretly infatuated with Little. I just can't break his gravitational pull. I'm trapped in his orbit.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Litle.
    Jeff, did you order this title? Assuming it was because of the Bentley ghost writing??

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Little.
    If that is the case then I am sure I will like it. Actually about 15 pages in and I am intrigued. It is always interesting to move from short stories to a novella. Short stories have a tendency to go straight for the jugular as a novella will have a slower burn.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So to continue my rambling commentary on the reading of this book. Life has gotten in the way of my reading lately but I have only Mr. Malerman’s novella left to read. Unless that is a total stinker this will rate as one of my favorite anthologies. Some stories are better than others but there has not been a bad read. More weird tales than horror in general but a very fun ride. If Malerman ruins it for me I will directly and forever blame One person. Mr Terry I am looking at you. I am going to miss this one when I finish it.

Thank you again Mr. Freeman for pulling together such unique and complementary stories. On a side note, I know Billy Chizmar is still in school and has a way to go before he settles into a career but I for one hope he keeps writing. I loved Mr Bones’ Wild Ride.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So to continue my rambling commentary on the reading of this book. Life has gotten in the way of my reading lately but I have only Mr. Malerman’s novella left to read. Unless that is a total stinker this will rate as one of my favorite anthologies. Some stories are better than others but there has not been a bad read. More weird tales than horror in general but a very fun ride. If Malerman ruins it for me I will directly and forever blame One person. Mr Terry I am looking at you. I am going to miss this one when I finish it.

Thank you again Mr. Freeman for pulling together such unique and complementary stories. On a side note, I know Billy Chizmar is still in school and has a way to go before he settles into a career but I for one hope he keeps writing. I loved Mr Bones’ Wild Ride.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Anyone who missed out who really does still want one, even if you're waiting for a little more cash in your bank account, please just drop me a line. There are always cancellations. I'll make a list of who we need to make sure get offered any available copies. Thanks!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!
    Thank you!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Exactly! I have the best humility. The most amazing humility. I've talked to everyone and they all agree, everyone tells me that my humility is the biggest, richest, most impressive humility they've ever seen. Bar none. Bar none. And let me tell you that when other people show up with their humility, they are weak. They are weak and disgusting. It sickens me actually. I'm not afraid to say it. Their humility is pathetic. My humility drives sales. Stick with my humility and you'll get tired of winning. So much winning.
    I have nothing to add to this conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Thank you! I hope the rest of the book continues along this path!
    I read the Intermission today. I had doubts that the poetry could keep my interest as high as the stories in Act One. Well I am happy to report that the Intermission is an integral part of the show. Anyone who buys this book and plans to skip the Poetry I implore you to read Clowns by Robert Payne Cabeen. I believe that one will display why you need to stick with the Intermission. The only drawback, and it is a minor one, I kept trying to read the first story of Act Three in a poetic cadence.

Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Yeah, I snoozed and lost out because I was hoping to get a few more months of the collector's club credit under my belt to offset the cost...I was NOT expecting this to sell out so fast. Surprised, and bummed out.
    Yeah, same here. That was a surprise. Thought it might be around awhile. Looks like a cool book! Well, Congrats to CD, Brian, and those who snagged one! Hopefully this'll be the start of more like this.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    He's a Humble Bumble LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Question--was this anthology previously opened for orders? I'm shocked with how quickly it sold out. That's not a knock on the book or CD. I just think it sold exceptionally fast. I jumped on both editions myself--but that's largely because I'm a Malerman fan and the lettered edition wasn't astronomically high.
    Yeah, I snoozed and lost out because I was hoping to get a few more months of the collector's club credit under my belt to offset the cost...I was NOT expecting this to sell out so fast. Surprised, and bummed out.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Exactly! I have the best humility. The most amazing humility. I've talked to everyone and they all agree, everyone tells me that my humility is the biggest, richest, most impressive humility they've ever seen. Bar none. Bar none. And let me tell you that when other people show up with their humility, they are weak. They are weak and disgusting. It sickens me actually. I'm not afraid to say it. Their humility is pathetic. My humility drives sales. Stick with my humility and you'll get tired of winning. So much winning.
    #[email protected]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X