Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Glad to read the positive review. I’m in on the limited and am now regretting not jumping on the lettered. Looking forward to reading this one!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So the Malerman novella was a great ending to a great collection. This was a five star read for me and I am glad I will have the limited on my shelf in the future. If some of the lettered were to come available I may even have to consider it. Big thanks to Brian for putting this together! For me this is up there with 999 in collections and that is high praise!
    Wow! That is fantastic. I'm really glad I jumped on this.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Saw sneak peak of the lettered endpapers. Insane!

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    By the end I no longer had that feel. That is probably another thing that brings 999 to mind. There really is a variety of story types. Early on I really had a Weird Tales vibe. The Malerman novella is pure horror. For me this book checked all the boxes. I am also really impressed that Brian was able to pull such a diverse and original group of tales that all had some sort of circus theme.

I was really hoping to like more of this one than I disliked and I ended up liking every page I read.

I also agree 999 is a true classic so I do not give the comparison lightly.
    Got it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Wow, thank you!

Brian
    Thank You. I know a trade is at least a year away, if it happens. Any plans for an audio version? I would be on that in a heartbeat! Having these takes to listen to while I am driving would be beyond fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Man, 999 is a true classic. Can't wait for this. I'm curious about the general.. "vibe" of this one, however. You had mentioned that it had a pulpy, Weird Tales-y feel to it? The key art and general info doesn't really scream that to me. Can you elaborate?
    By the end I no longer had that feel. That is probably another thing that brings 999 to mind. There really is a variety of story types. Early on I really had a Weird Tales vibe. The Malerman novella is pure horror. For me this book checked all the boxes. I am also really impressed that Brian was able to pull such a diverse and original group of tales that all had some sort of circus theme.

I was really hoping to like more of this one than I disliked and I ended up liking every page I read.

I also agree 999 is a true classic so I do not give the comparison lightly.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    So the Malerman novella was a great ending to a great collection. This was a five star read for me and I am glad I will have the limited on my shelf in the future. If some of the lettered were to come available I may even have to consider it. Big thanks to Brian for putting this together! For me this is up there with 999 in collections and that is high praise!
    Man, 999 is a true classic. Can't wait for this. I'm curious about the general.. "vibe" of this one, however. You had mentioned that it had a pulpy, Weird Tales-y feel to it? The key art and general info doesn't really scream that to me. Can you elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Wow, thank you!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    About a third of the way through Mr. Malerman’s story and I am enjoying it. Mr. Terry, if you get a chance please thank him for farming this out to such a great writer.
    So to continue my useless and rambling commentary while reading this book. My reading time remains very limited but I and a bit past the halfway mark on Mr. Malerman’s novella. Up to now it is easily the best thing I have read from him. My reading of him is limited to Birdbox (good but not enough to inspire me to read more of his work) and his Borderlands Little Book (bad enough to make me resistant to read more of his work. If this one continues on its current path I will probably go for one of his other titles that current reside in my tbr pile. There is an early thread in the story that has been lost for sometime. I hope he ties it back into the story.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Since I brought it up here is a link. Best restaurant in Portland and a very different experience lunch to dinner. Dinner is white table cloth and the waiter scraping the crumbs from your table for you. Great date night place. Lunch is Po’ Boys and Bourbon street casual. Www.acadiapdx.com

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That's actually the title of the next Bentley Little book.
    LOL!! The Kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    That's not Bentley Little's Creole Kitchen you're referring to, is it?? I've heard GREAT things about that place.
    That's actually the title of the next Bentley Little book.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    That's not Bentley Little's Creole Kitchen you're referring to, is it?? I've heard GREAT things about that place.
    I believe it's called THE Creole Kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    He is a Man of many talents, they say! LOL!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X