X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when this book will publish? I think I'm flat out of luck trying to get a new copy.
    Should be out this summer. It's currently at the printer.

Leave a comment:

• Tricia
    replied
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when this book will publish? I think I'm flat out of luck trying to get a new copy.

Leave a comment:

• Tricia
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Sometimes people cancel orders. There is always hope.
    I was hopeful to nab a copy from a canceled order or ARC. Given the current situation I'm wanting to support more norw than ever USA companies.

Leave a comment:

• Fiendlover
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed the poetry in this book. Another author with multiple good poems in the book was Stephanie M. Wytovich. Any suggestions you have will be welcome. Clowns by Cabeen stuck with me the most so he is who I will probably first.
    I'm not the biggest fan of hers but out of what I've read, I liked Brothel. Mourning Jewelry was another that wasn't bad.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Fiendlover View Post
    That's the kind of poetry I like as well. Any other favorite poems in this collection? Maybe I can help point you in other poetry directions.
    I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed the poetry in this book. Another author with multiple good poems in the book was Stephanie M. Wytovich. Any suggestions you have will be welcome. Clowns by Cabeen stuck with me the most so he is who I will probably first.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    He means the book of poetry I recommended.
    Correct, I was speaking of Fearworms. The publisher is selling via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...6205811&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• Fiendlover
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Martin -I don't see it on Amazon now. Did you mean it will be available on Amazon eventually? Cap
    He means the book of poetry I recommended.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Martin -I don't see it on Amazon now. Did you mean it will be available on Amazon eventually? Cap

I checked to see if the book you recommended was available from Powell's since I am looking for items to buy from them. Unfortunately it is not but the publisher is selling it via Amazon. I may give it a shot.

Christina Sng had multiple good poems included in this volume.

Leave a comment:

• Fiendlover
    replied
    Glad to hear that Amazon at least has it. I'm not a huge fan of free verse but I have read Christina Sng's A Collection of Nightmares, which I believe won the Stoker Award, and it wasn't bad. I liked the post-apocalypse themes.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    That's the kind of poetry I like as well. Any other favorite poems in this collection? Maybe I can help point you in other poetry directions.
    I checked to see if the book you recommended was available from Powell's since I am looking for items to buy from them. Unfortunately it is not but the publisher is selling it via Amazon. I may give it a shot.

Christina Sng had multiple good poems included in this volume.

Leave a comment:

• Fiendlover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I'm glad to hear that the poetry is good. Robert Payne Cabeen is an excellent poet and does a lot of fun with horror in poetry. If you haven't already, check out his collection Fearworms. It's great.
    I will look that up, thank you for the recommendation. Often Poetry is a chore for me to read. The poetry in this book felt more like ready good short stories, just in poetic prose.

Leave a comment:

• Fiendlover
    replied
    I read the Intermission today. I had doubts that the poetry could keep my interest as high as the stories in Act One. Well I am happy to report that the Intermission is an integral part of the show. Anyone who buys this book and plans to skip the Poetry I implore you to read Clowns by Robert Payne Cabeen. I believe that one will display why you need to stick with the Intermission. The only drawback, and it is a minor one, I kept trying to read the first story of Act Three in a poetic cadence.

Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!
    I'm glad to hear that the poetry is good. Robert Payne Cabeen is an excellent poet and does a lot of fun with horror in poetry. If you haven't already, check out his collection Fearworms. It's great.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear that, Martin. As you said, we can only hope for better days ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Thanks, Martin. My prayers, for what they're worth, are out there for the patient you're acting as caregiver for.
    They are worth more than you can imagine. One quarter of the way in 2020 has been the toughest year of my life. Better days are ahead but many rough days remain in the path to those better days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X