• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Here’s an explanation I found on the product page:

Please Note: We originally had the editor and artists sign signature sheets for both editions, but due to a problem at the bindery, all the Lettered Edition books and a significant number of the Limited Edition books had binding problems. To fix this, they had to strip the bindings and bind them again. This process destroys the endpapers and front tip-ins, unfortunately. So, we printed new sheets that the editor quickly signed so the binding could be completed, but there wasn't enough time to send the new sheets to England and Maine for the artists to sign.
    Ah, that'll explain it. So there must be numbered edition copies out there with the same issue.

It's a bit ironic that it happened to all of the lettered copies. They had to rush to get the signature sheets back for an edition that ended up sitting in the warehouse for two years waiting for traycases.

But such is life sometimes!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Here’s an explanation I found on the product page:

Please Note: We originally had the editor and artists sign signature sheets for both editions, but due to a problem at the bindery, all the Lettered Edition books and a significant number of the Limited Edition books had binding problems. To fix this, they had to strip the bindings and bind them again. This process destroys the endpapers and front tip-ins, unfortunately. So, we printed new sheets that the editor quickly signed so the binding could be completed, but there wasn't enough time to send the new sheets to England and Maine for the artists to sign.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    The numbered signature sheet for comparison:

MIDNIGHT UNDER THE BIG TOP SIG SHEET.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yes, but it was never advertised as being signed by the authors. The page still says that it'll be signed by Brian James Freeman and the artists, but only the numbered edition has the artists' signatures.

My suspicion is that the lettered sheets were lost or damaged somewhere because the sheets used are very bare. The numbered sheets were fully illustrated, while the lettered sheets have a little snippet of the cover art, but are mostly blank.

​​​​​​
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Do I understand correctly that the lettered version of a multi-author anthology was only signed by the editor?
    Yes, but it was never advertised as being signed by the authors. The page still says that it'll be signed by Brian James Freeman and the artists, but only the numbered edition has the artists' signatures.

My suspicion is that the lettered sheets were lost or damaged somewhere because the sheets used are very bare. The numbered sheets were fully illustrated, while the lettered sheets have a little snippet of the cover art, but are mostly blank.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Lettered editions of this title are now out in the wild! Glad to see more lettered traycases getting finished.

However, it has been noted that the signature page is a little lacking (photo credit to David on Facebook).

Were these replacement signature sheets? The numbered sheets were fully illustrated and signed by Freeman and the artists, while the lettered sheets are mostly white space and only signed by Freeman.

Very odd!
    Do I understand correctly that the lettered version of a multi-author anthology was only signed by the editor?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Lettered editions of this title are now out in the wild! Glad to see more lettered traycases getting finished.

However, it has been noted that the signature page is a little lacking (photo credit to David on Facebook).

Were these replacement signature sheets? The numbered sheets were fully illustrated and signed by Freeman and the artists, while the lettered sheets are mostly white space and only signed by Freeman.

Very odd!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I've got plenty. So if anyone is interested shoot me a email.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ok no dinged copies, but I do have a couple of arcs.
    I’m third in line, so will stand aside for the other two, but if either chooses not to take you up on the offer, Dan, I would be interested in an ARC to, as you say, at least read the stories.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Ok no dinged copies, but I do have a couple of arcs.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    I'd be interested in a dinged copy. Should you happen to find any. This is one that sold so fast when I didn't have anything in my book fund accts.
    You're not alone...I hesitated on it, thinking that like most CD books there'd be copies available for a while, and this one sold out so unexpectedly fast that I was left empty-handed.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Got my copy today. For me, on an emotional level, this one might be comparable to October Dreams. Really ready to dive in!! I have know idea how the clown got into this picture!!
    I love the clown with polka dots and a yellow coat! Awesome!! ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    I'd be interested in a dinged copy. Should you happen to find any. This is one that sold so fast when I didn't have anything in my book fund accts.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tricia View Post
    Hello, me again. I've tried and tried to get a copy of this book since last year, but with no luck. I found a copy on Amazon for $300! Am I out of luck? I am guessing I'll have to give up on ever getting a copy of this book unless I want to fork out hundreds of dollars.

Hi Tricia,

Shoot me an email and I'll look and see if I have one on the dinged shelf or something. At the very least I might have a arc sitting around, so you could at least read the stories.

Leave a comment:

• Tricia
    replied
    Hello, me again. I've tried and tried to get a copy of this book since last year, but with no luck. I found a copy on Amazon for $300! Am I out of luck? I am guessing I'll have to give up on ever getting a copy of this book unless I want to fork out hundreds of dollars.

Originally posted by Tricia View Post

Brian, I'd LOVE a copy! I asked Mindy for one, but then realized I didn't have the cash. Then coronavirus broke out and I'm stuck at home. I emailed her again, but no luck. I'm screwed. I so badly want a copy. Is there no hope for more copies?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X