X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Personally, I think it's your humble soft spoken nature that's doing it.
    Exactly! I have the best humility. The most amazing humility. I've talked to everyone and they all agree, everyone tells me that my humility is the biggest, richest, most impressive humility they've ever seen. Bar none. Bar none. And let me tell you that when other people show up with their humility, they are weak. They are weak and disgusting. It sickens me actually. I'm not afraid to say it. Their humility is pathetic. My humility drives sales. Stick with my humility and you'll get tired of winning. So much winning.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    And I think the only reasonable explanation is my YouTube channel. I've single-handedly stirred all the interest in these small presses. Me. No other reason.
    Personally, I think it's your humble soft spoken nature that's doing it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Nope, just sold out really fast. Honestly faster than any of us were expecting.
    Well I'm thrilled it did. Congratulations are in order.

I gotta say that a LOT of books have been selling out very quickly lately.
    PS's Dead Zone
    Centipede's Peter Watts set
    Suntup's Red Dragon and Wells books (I didn't think the Wells books would sell out as quickly as they did).
    and of course Midnight Under the Big Top.

And I think the only reasonable explanation is my YouTube channel. I've single-handedly stirred all the interest in these small presses. Me. No other reason.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Question--was this anthology previously opened for orders? I'm shocked with how quickly it sold out. That's not a knock on the book or CD. I just think it sold exceptionally fast. I jumped on both editions myself--but that's largely because I'm a Malerman fan and the lettered edition wasn't astronomically high.
    Nope, just sold out really fast. Honestly faster than any of us were expecting.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Question--was this anthology previously opened for orders? I'm shocked with how quickly it sold out. That's not a knock on the book or CD. I just think it sold exceptionally fast. I jumped on both editions myself--but that's largely because I'm a Malerman fan and the lettered edition wasn't astronomically high.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am one story away from completing Act One and I am compelled to comment. This is a fantastic anthology. Probably the best one I have read since 999! I am always Leery of themed anthologies but so far this is hitting all the marks. Old story from Stephen King that I have not read before. Joe Hill story that I have read several times and still enjoy reading. Strong stories from Neil Gaiman, Kelley Armstrong and others. The best story I have read so far is from an author I had not even heard of before, Tananarive Due. Her story really packs a punch! Glenn Chadbournes art really represent the stories well also and match the 'Weird Tales' feel the book has.

This edition is a home run already and I am less than half way through!
    Thank you! I hope the rest of the book continues along this path!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am one story away from completing Act One and I am compelled to comment. This is a fantastic anthology. Probably the best one I have read since 999! I am always Leery of themed anthologies but so far this is hitting all the marks. Old story from Stephen King that I have not read before. Joe Hill story that I have read several times and still enjoy reading. Strong stories from Neil Gaiman, Kelley Armstrong and others. The best story I have read so far is from an author I had not even heard of before, Tananarive Due. Her story really packs a punch! Glenn Chadbournes art really represent the stories well also and match the 'Weird Tales' feel the book has.

This edition is a home run already and I am less than half way through!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    typo under the lettered edition:
    Signed by the author and artists on a unique signature page

unless an author is signing?
    Copy and past error. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    typo under the lettered edition:
    Signed by the author and artists on a unique signature page

unless an author is signing?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Yep, no trade hardcover this year, so hopefully everyone grabbed a signed copy!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Yep. Changed this morning. The trade hardcover idea was one we were throwing around last night at like 10 PM via text message, but after some research and discussion this morning we realized it didn't make much sense from a price point sense / how many copies of a THC we'd need to move to be able to justify printing them.
    Got it. Thanks, Dan!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Has that changed since yesterday? This was in the email that Brian sent to Patreon supporters yesterday:

"We are probably going to add an unsigned trade hardcover to the plans, but that won't be published until October."
    Yep. Changed this morning. The trade hardcover idea was one we were throwing around last night at like 10 PM via text message, but after some research and discussion this morning we realized it didn't make much sense from a price point sense / how many copies of a THC we'd need to move to be able to justify printing them.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Has that changed since yesterday? This was in the email that Brian sent to Patreon supporters yesterday:

"We are probably going to add an unsigned trade hardcover to the plans, but that won't be published until October."
    He also said that on TDT.org

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I actually think we nixed the trade idea. The printing costs would've been too high that we'd have had to price it too close to the limited to be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by atariguy View Post
    Did I miss a prior announcement? How is this already sold out?
    We hit the CDCC and our "Recent Customers" list yesterday. Feel free to email Mindy about it though, I think there's a few copies left that we're offering manually to people who email. (to keep for overselling)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X