Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi CD,

Was wondering if you have a production update for this title yet? Last update from Brian on 07/16/19 stated that it was in a final round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together (see above). Has that proofreading been finished yet? Am anxious to see this title hit the printer. Also, if I am remembering correctly, this book is supposed to have top-secret bonus features. Were those features ever decided upon or announced; or, will that be something that isn't announced? As always, any info is appreciated.
    I'm not sure about the proof reading. I know the last hold up I remember us talking about was the author still had the sig sheets. I don't know if those have come back yet or not. Brian can hopefully elaborate a bit more when he sees this.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hi CD,

Was wondering if you have a production update for this title yet? Last update from Brian on 07/16/19 stated that it was in a final round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together (see above). Has that proofreading been finished yet? Am anxious to see this title hit the printer. Also, if I am remembering correctly, this book is supposed to have top-secret bonus features. Were those features ever decided upon or announced; or, will that be something that isn't announced? As always, any info is appreciated.
      I'm pretty sure I saw the signature sheets at the office today. The book itself is proofread. We've tried to get on the same page with the author about the bonus features, but he's been so busy with his new projects that we don't think he's had time to get anything together. We might have to go to press without bonus material, simply to get the book finished and to the collectors who have been patiently waiting so long.

Brian

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
        I'm pretty sure I saw the signature sheets at the office today. The book itself is proofread. We've tried to get on the same page with the author about the bonus features, but he's been so busy with his new projects that we don't think he's had time to get anything together. We might have to go to press without bonus material, simply to get the book finished and to the collectors who have been patiently waiting so long.

Brian

Brian
        Thanks for the update Brian!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian

Brian
          Hi Brian, any update on if you’ll be shipping with special material? I know Jeff originally mentioned (years ago) the exclusive content would be ephemera/physical elements, so if you’re not shipping with it is there a chance you’ll be able to compile it later?

Comment

Any updates on this title?

Comment

Originally posted by mpbourja View Post
              Any updates on this title?
              Nothing to report just yet. We haven't sent anything new to our main book printer since they closed in early April due to "essential business" restrictions in their state, and they're just getting back to full capacity now. We did start some books at our smaller printer since they were open, but they cannot handle books with bigger trim sizes or multiple editions like this.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Just received a shipping notice with a tracking number! Am so happy to finally see this. This is my oldest pending pre-order, (placed my order on 02/28/2018). Does anyone know if they were able to include the bonus section as originally planned? I know that at one point there was a question as to whether or not it would be included but I never heard a definitive answer. I would personally be disappointed if it isn't included as there has been more than enough time to obtain that material or to replace it with something else.

Comment

Just received a shipping notice with a tracking number! Am so happy to finally see this. This is my oldest pending pre-order, (placed my order on 02/28/2018). Does anyone know if they were able to include the bonus section as originally planned? I know that at one point there was a question as to whether or not it would be included but I never heard a definitive answer. I would personally be disappointed if it isn't included as there has been more than enough time to obtain that material or to replace it with something else.
                  Jeff VanderMeer was pretty pissed about the production delays on this volume, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never provided the bonus materials, especially if CD was having difficulties obtaining them earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Jeff VanderMeer was pretty pissed about the production delays on this volume, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never provided the bonus materials, especially if CD was having difficulties obtaining them earlier.
                    The book arrived today. it is really nice and has a slipcase that is nicer than most non-King productions from CD. The extra materials are not included. I find it interesting that with all the authors anger at the delays he could not get them the promised extra materials in a timely manner.

Comment

Then I hope he was pissed at himself for contributing to the delay while CD waited for the extra that he was supposed to provide.

Comment

Bummer to hear that the bonus material wasn't included. Not blaming anyone as I don't know who's more at fault, but, it it definitely feels like we're getting less than was promised. I just wish that if the bonus material couldn't be produced in the 4 1/2 years of production time that CD would have found a way to replace it with something else (interior art, essay from another author, etc.). Am still happy to have this book as this is one of my favorite authors; however, I was hoping for something extra special, especially at $150 price point which felt high-end for CD back in 2018. Those are practically Suntup AGE prices and Suntup would have included a bunch of art or other extras beyond a new dust jacket and sig.
                        Last edited by sholloman81; 07-17-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Wait - the promised "which includes a massive bonus section of TOP SECRET MATERIAL that will be exclusive to this special edition" isn't in the book?

That is BEYOND disappointing to hear. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Wait - the promised "which includes a massive bonus section of TOP SECRET MATERIAL that will be exclusive to this special edition" isn't in the book?

That is BEYOND disappointing to hear. Wow.
                            Correct, no bonus content here.

Jeff VanderMeer made another post on Facebook about his frustrations with this edition. I just commented to see if he can shed light on what the bonus content was supposed to have been. Very curious on if he'll reply!

Comment

Correct, no bonus content here.

Jeff VanderMeer made another post on Facebook about his frustrations with this edition. I just commented to see if he can shed light on what the bonus content was supposed to have been. Very curious on if he'll reply!
                              I don't use Facebook; so, I cannot go see for myself; however, I would have loved to have read Vandermeer's comments about this edition, just to have another perspective. If you do receive a response to your comments and feel comfortable reposting it here, I would love to know what he replies.

Comment

I don't use Facebook; so, I cannot go see for myself; however, I would have loved to have read Vandermeer's comments about this edition, just to have another perspective. If you do receive a response to your comments and feel comfortable reposting it here, I would love to know what he replies.
                                His comment on Facebook was about not receiving his author copies of the book despite seeing customers receiving theirs. He suggested it may have something to do with Chizar being preoccupied with doing certain favors for King.

VanderMeer did share a little perspective in a comment on my unboxing:

https://youtu.be/-sg9xG7-Mfs

Comment

Working...
                                X