X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Not speaking for Dan, but, I just received the email from CD to confirm my shipping address as Strange Weather is scheduled to ship next week.

"You're receiving this email because the Limited Edition of STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill will begin shipping next week and we need you to check your address below and reply ASAP if the address on your order is NOT correct. (If this information is correct, NO response is needed on your part!)"
    That's excellent news one one hand (so thanks for the update!), concerning on the other as I haven't received any email of that sort (just doublechecked my Junk folder, etc., but no luck). Hopefully I'll see my email soon.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Hey, Dan, thought I'd check and see if that estimate turned out to be correct.
    Not speaking for Dan, but, I just received the email from CD to confirm my shipping address as Strange Weather is scheduled to ship next week.

"You're receiving this email because the Limited Edition of STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill will begin shipping next week and we need you to check your address below and reply ASAP if the address on your order is NOT correct. (If this information is correct, NO response is needed on your part!)"

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ok got an update today, they're scheduled to be done in the next 2 weeks. So hopefully we'll have them in the warehouse by the end of the month.
    Hey, Dan, thought I'd check and see if that estimate turned out to be correct.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I also want to add that we're in the very home stretch of GFT now, so a bunch of other publisher stuff that's just been sitting will be going out soon, as well as the Gwendy's Magic Feather slipcases.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Good news, Dan — thanks for that update.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Ok got an update today, they're scheduled to be done in the next 2 weeks. So hopefully we'll have them in the warehouse by the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Hey guys. Cases are at the case maker and have been for awhile. Hopefully they should be done soon. We will check with the case maker for an update and let you know. TBH we're still shipping GFT, and have a load of other publisher books that have arrived during GFT that I know many people are waiting for, including Cujo. So the shipping schedule is still quite full.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am opposed to anything being shipped to me incomplete.
    Same here.

Shipping the slipcases separately would be a much larger undertaking, in my opinion. Not to mention significantly pricier considering that slipcases by themselves cannot be shipped Media Mail.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I suppose the books could just be kept in the packing material until the slipcase arrives. I wouldn't personally put them on display until that time.
    Conversely, I'd love to see the books on my shelf right now, and I suspect a good number of others would as well, if given the assurance that the slipcase would be shipped out once it arrives at CD. The slipcase is a nice design bonus, but its absence would not at all detract from the pleasure I'd have of finally having the books on the shelf.

Dan, so that another quarter(s) doesn’t come and pass without delivery of the set, has any consideration been given to shipping out the four long-finished books now, and ship the slipcase later when it is done…the additional shipping expense absorbed by CD as a courtesy to customers and reward their patience. That would also free up warehouse room for you. Seems like a win-win for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Dan, so that another quarter(s) doesn’t come and pass without delivery of the set, has any consideration been given to shipping out the four long-finished books now, and ship the slipcase later when it is done…the additional shipping expense absorbed by CD as a courtesy to customers and reward their patience. That would also free up warehouse room for you. Seems like a win-win for everyone.
    I suppose the books could just be kept in the packing material until the slipcase arrives. I wouldn't personally put them on display until that time.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

We're rounding out the first quarter of 2022 . . .

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

And we are still in a supply chain mess. I know its coming so I can wait. My TBR is 5 feet wide and 12 feet tall. Plus there are way too many other things to worry about. I just want people to go back to work so I don't have to continually work 80-90 hour work weeks. 1 full day off every 2 weeks is starting to catch up with me.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I’m in for the long haul. Especially now that things seem to be turning around. It seems that every time CD has gotten on track the last couple years things have been set back. Pandemic, supplier closings and postal issues and now a possible paper shortage. The books look amazing and I can’t wait to see them in my grubby little hands. Looks like a pretty good first quarter of 2022.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X