Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Anyone else excited for the upcoming lettered edition? Hopefully, before the end of the year....

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received a notification from UPS that a package from CD would be delivered tomorrow. Could not think of what it might be. I then received an email that the Night Shift Art Portfolio has shipped. It appears that I will have it tomorrow!
    I got the shipping notification today too, but mine was actually delivered on 6/25

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received a notification from UPS that a package from CD would be delivered tomorrow. Could not think of what it might be. I then received an email that the Night Shift Art Portfolio has shipped. It appears that I will have it tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Yeah I have no intention of switching away from the paper. Unless something changes with how much the paper costs.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

They aren't much pricier than packing peanuts, but they're a lot harder to work with. They don't pack in the boxes as well and if they get damp at all they've messier in a different way. As a whole we're very happy with how the paper is working out.
    My vote (I know, this is not a democracy but I can try) is to stick with the paper, Works great and is so much better to deal with!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

You could use the biodegradable corn starch ones - you can wash those down the sink/shower. I usually toss them into the bathtub, and by the time the shower warms up, they've pretty much all washed down the drain.

But they're probably a bit pricier than the ol' reliable kraft paper.
    They aren't much pricier than packing peanuts, but they're a lot harder to work with. They don't pack in the boxes as well and if they get damp at all they've messier in a different way. As a whole we're very happy with how the paper is working out.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Same. It's much less messy. It's not as reliable of a packing medium as peanuts are, but way better on the cleanup / environment front.
    You could use the biodegradable corn starch ones - you can wash those down the sink/shower. I usually toss them into the bathtub, and by the time the shower warms up, they've pretty much all washed down the drain.

But they're probably a bit pricier than the ol' reliable kraft paper.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

Not yet. I believe the cases for those are still in production. I don't think we have a estimated completion date yet.
    Thanks, Dan.
    I'm sure the end result will be worth the wait!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post

That's fantastic news!! Love those portfolios!!
    And while we're at it - any idea when the lettered (Night Shift) will go out?

sk
    Not yet. I believe the cases for those are still in production. I don't think we have a estimated completion date yet.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Also I'd like to mention that we'll be shipping the NS art portfolios soon. Hopefully next week.
    That's fantastic news!! Love those portfolios!!
    And while we're at it - any idea when the lettered (Night Shift) will go out?

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Same. It's much less messy. It's not as reliable of a packing medium as peanuts are, but way better on the cleanup / environment front.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Hey Dan- I like that you have switched from using packing peanuts to paper. It is much easier to recycle.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Also I'd like to mention that we'll be shipping the NS art portfolios soon. Hopefully next week.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I don't know how I missed these posts. Sorry about that. But basically we shipped it via FedEx, but didn't change the shipping method in our order management software. So the software just assumed the tracking number it was given was for USPS. On older orders where it makes sense to do so we're switching people to FedEx international.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post

How about that - just received my shipping notice - yay!

But now I do have a question: when I received my shipping notice for the Night Shift gift, it looked as if USPS was going to take care of the shipping process. But that link never worked - and one or two days later FedEx had taken over and the book was here (Europe) in record time. Very, very happy with FedEx.
    But now, again it seems as if the numbered Artist Edition will be shipped via MIVA (MIVA??? I have NO idea) USPS International Priority. Unless this will change again to FedEx....???

Dan.....anyone in Europe who already received their AE - will this be a FedEx shipment??? Really hope it will be.

sk
    Well......happy to report I received a FedEx shipping notice as well......via a text message sent to my phone.
    But then - why a USPS notification by e-mail as well???

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X