Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khaos
    replied
    Just adding to USPS slowdowns and oddness. I had my Night Shift sent Priority and another book sent later by media mail from California. To michigan, both arrived same day. Night Shift was late by about a week. I don't know what is going on. To make it odder according to tracking they delivered the 2 books at 2 different times on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I suspect my book has been lost; no update since 12/25.
    Don’t give up hope yet. In the last month I have had packages not get updated until they were delivered. The post office is still slammed . Some of those packages were shipped Media Mail and were 4-6 weeks from order to arrival

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Ahh yeah with the USPS who knows right now.
    I suspect my book has been lost; no update since 12/25.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by warlock664 View Post
    So are there still some Media Mail packages yet to be sent?
    As of today (1-2-21) I still have not received a shipping notification.
    Yep. Lots to go yet. I don't think we'll be done shipping until next week. With the holidays being right in the middle we've only really had about 8 business days worth of shipping so far, and as I've said elsewhere it's a much slower process this go around.

Leave a comment:

• warlock664
    replied
    So are there still some Media Mail packages yet to be sent?
    As of today (1-2-21) I still have not received a shipping notification.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I got a shipping notice today, so I'll be keeping an eye on that tracking number!

I ordered a book on Amazon for a friend that was supposed to be delivered on 12/18, and finally got delivered today. It went from Richmond, VA to the suburbs of Philadelphia, and took that long to get there. The USPS is really overwhelmed right now.
    Yep . I sent a package out on the 18h and the last scan it shows is when it left my local post office that night. I was told yesterday by a postal clerk that things should get a little bit better by the end of January. He also told me that since April and because of COVID it’s been like Christmas month for the last 8 months

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I got a shipping notice today, so I'll be keeping an eye on that tracking number!

I ordered a book on Amazon for a friend that was supposed to be delivered on 12/18, and finally got delivered today. It went from Richmond, VA to the suburbs of Philadelphia, and took that long to get there. The USPS is really overwhelmed right now.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied

USPS Priority. I figure I can give it another week or so before worry will really start to set in.
    Ahh yeah with the USPS who knows right now.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    My gift edition arrived lightning-fast, within one week - and I'm in the Netherlands. Usually, when USPS takes care of shipping, this takes a minimum of double the time, two weeks at least. Please do use FedEx again whenever shipping another CD treasure my way....

sk

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Which shipping service? I've had a couple shipments that were multiple packages where 4 of 5 boxes were delivered, but the last box got stuck in transit somewhere. Right now until we get a week or two past the holidays I'm going with the assumption that nothing is lost, it's just stuck in a backlog. For FedEx and UPS packages I think if they still haven't been delivered next week then it's time to start digging. USPS stuff I just don't know. They're soo backed up that it could take awhile. I have packages from the beginning of December that still have not been delivered yet.
    USPS Priority. I figure I can give it another week or so before worry will really start to set in.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I'm starting to worry that my copy has been lost. It last updated on xmas, at a distribution center half an hour away.
    Which shipping service? I've had a couple shipments that were multiple packages where 4 of 5 boxes were delivered, but the last box got stuck in transit somewhere. Right now until we get a week or two past the holidays I'm going with the assumption that nothing is lost, it's just stuck in a backlog. For FedEx and UPS packages I think if they still haven't been delivered next week then it's time to start digging. USPS stuff I just don't know. They're soo backed up that it could take awhile. I have packages from the beginning of December that still have not been delivered yet.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I'm starting to worry that my copy has been lost. It last updated on xmas, at a distribution center half an hour away.
    I have a book that was shipped to me from neighboring Indiana via USPS Media Mail on December 8. It has been stuck in the distribution center in Hazelwood, Missouri since December 16. I remain hopeful that it will eventually arrive.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you can actually block specific accounts from bidding on your eBay items. Just go to this page on eBay and add their ID to the blocked buyer list.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Thank you. I didn’t know that. One less headache to worry about

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Seems a lot of packages that ended up in NJ were delayed . Between COVID in that area and the Holiday rush they were slammed like crazy. I had to refund someone because they were over the top obnoxious about not receiving their book and sent me an email demanding a refund or replacement item. Then as soon as they did that they filed a claim with eBay and didn’t give me a chance to respond. Even with tracking and eBay and the post office saying things were still being shipped but delayed the his guy was a total ass about it. Most everyone else was very understanding and I had a few people email me and say I haven’t got my package yet but I know it’s not your fault. I ended up for the first time in a long time asking someone to never buy from me again because I would not sell to him. To make things even worse he received his book 3 days after I refunded him. I sent him him an email that said now that your book arrived like I told you it would maybe you should pay for it. Of course he never responded.
    I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you can actually block specific accounts from bidding on your eBay items. Just go to this page on eBay and add their ID to the blocked buyer list.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Leave a comment:

Working...
X