Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Looks like my GE is arriving today! It was scanned in Greensboro NC on Jan 5th, so things are still slow. I have eight other books in the mail right now, having picked up a few signed Harlan Ellison books in recent weeks. I'm going to have to reorganize some shelves, as the Stephen King collection expands to its third bookcase, and over thirty linear feet of shelf space.

January 16, 2021, 8:00 am
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 5:00pm

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    I'm not sure either Martin, but thank you for the quick reply. And the visuals. Something is amiss. I ordered one gift edition and a UK edition (through Cemetery Dance). The two I have received here recently are gift editions with totally different order numbers than the two I ordered. If that makes sense. The number of the orders I received do NOT correspond with the Night Shift orders sitting in my purchase box. Or anything else like a grab bag or anything along those lines. I have 4 different order numbers when I only purchased two. Am I getting someone else's books? Will I be getting 2 more?

Stay tuned for these and other mysteries on....The Case of the Multiplying Night Shifts.

I've put in an email to Mindy and hopefully she can explain this to me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference between the UK version of this Night Shift and the gift edition? I got both and they look exactly the same although I admit I haven't investigated it thoroughly.
    I am not sure I understand the question but I will give you the versions I am aware of.

CD is currently releasing a gift edition of Night Shift that looks like this:
    Night Shift CD Gift.jpg

PS Publishing in the UK did sell copies.

A few Years ago PS also produced a UK version of the book which looked like this:
    King_Nightshift_Deluxe_PS.jpg
    I believe there is another cover also.

Not sure if this information helps or muddy's the water more.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Can someone tell me the difference between the UK version of this Night Shift and the gift edition? I got both and they look exactly the same although I admit I haven't investigated it thoroughly.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    If anyone's interested in a few pics of NIGHT SHIFT, I feature it today on my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...269148672?s=20

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats, Mike — I get to share in your happiness because I just received my copy today as well!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Check Mate CD Press.'Nuff Said!!

CD Press.jpg
    Fantastic. I regret passing on the Gift Edition. Hope to see a shipping notice for my Artist edition next week.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Check Mate CD Press.'Nuff Said!!

CD Press.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, like I mentioned I know VFB is overpriced and hardly an accurate gauge of the fair market...but that said, I can easily see this one reaching the collectible level of the other CD volumes in a quicker fashion...NIGHT SHIFT is a favorite for many fans, and I think this one will have a pretty immediate collectability that the other ones eased into a bit slower.
    Agreed. I'm more of a fan of the Skeleton Crew collection which PS has already done of course. Passed on those as I'm not overly thrilled with those productions. I do have The Stand gift preorder from CD though. Nothing has knocked it off it's perch since I discovered King as far as being my #1 favorite book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Oh, don't get me wrong, like I mentioned I know VFB is overpriced and hardly an accurate gauge of the fair market...but that said, I can easily see this one reaching the collectible level of the other CD volumes in a quicker fashion...NIGHT SHIFT is a favorite for many fans, and I think this one will have a pretty immediate collectability that the other ones eased into a bit slower.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Very Fine Books — albeit not the most accurate gauge of reasonable market value — is selling copies for a very impressive $375. Glad I got mine when I did.
    Good guy over there but the prices are well beyond market. More like CD auction prices . He's good on his word though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Very Fine Books — albeit not the most accurate gauge of reasonable market value — is selling copies for a very impressive $375. Glad I got mine when I did.
    I am not someone who stays up with aftermarket values but I am comfortable in saying Very Fine Books is not close to an accurate gauge. I saw that email this morning and chuckled.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    Woo hoo got my shipping notice today. Unfortunately chose media mail, thankfully mail hasn't been too terrible up here in Maine. Fingers crossed
    Mine says it's been in Greensboro, NC since Jan 5th, so it might take a while. I've had similar issues with most of my book orders lately, but everything shows up in the end. The only one to get here quickly was an order that came from Niagara Falls, NY to NJ in three days.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Media Mail were shipped last and in that pile they were shipped in the order that the orders were placed. Last of the labels for gift editions were printed yesterday, those last packages will probably leave tomorrow or Friday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X