• Show
Clear All

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Here's the link to Richard'supdate:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...ar-march-2017/
    Ah, now I remember. Thanks!

There's just too much going on in the small press limited arena nowadays, it's hard to keep up!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I just reread my comment and it was pretty unfair to CD saying that it's King's Castle. I know there are lots of other authors here. I guess I'm only looking at the site through the lens of the authors who are "must buys" from me.
    The way I have looked at it is that the King offerings are what allow CD to introduce me to so many new authors. I still have Haven in my TBR pile so I can't speak of that one. However, CD has introduced me to Ed Gorman, Ray Garton, Douglas Clegg, Simon Clark, Kealan Patrick Burke and many others not to mention Brian James Freeman and Richard Chizmar. These are all authors I look forward to new releases from that I may not be aware of without Cemetery Dance.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Here's the link to Richard'supdate:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...ar-march-2017/

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I feel like I missed something with all this talk of McCammon limiteds.
    It was in Richard's update earlier in the year. He outlined what was in the works for CD. Among new projects, two unnamed McCammon limited editions (not new books, he said they were McCammon books that have never appeared "in this format before") as well as a brand new McCammon book called The Listener.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I feel like I missed something with all this talk of McCammon limiteds.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I just reread my comment and it was pretty unfair to CD saying that it's King's Castle. I know there are lots of other authors here. I guess I'm only looking at the site through the lens of the authors who are "must buys" from me.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Find myself moving away from it as well.
    New King, I'd agree. I didn't buy Finders Keepers or End of Watch. I hated Revival. Doctor Sleep was hugely disappointing. This one seemed different. Or I was just a sucker for the event around the book.

But I would like to see Cemetery Dance be more than King's castle. Which is why I'm excited for the McCammon move.

Though I am super cautious about new authors from CD because Haven was just awful. Unless it was a YA novel. Shoot, even if it was a YA novel. I tried three times to read that book. I put it down every time I felt like punching it or someone. I would take a break and read something else. I only got halfway through.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Ok, I'm just going to say it, My name is Mike and I rarely buy Stephen King, LOL!!!
    Find myself moving away from it as well.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Ok, I'm just going to say it, My name is Mike and I rarely buy Stephen King, LOL!!!
    Hello Mike!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I just can't justify spending the money when so many more books are on the way that I will ultimately want more (Bring on the McCammon lettered editions, please!).
    Yeah. I know that grabbing this one means passing on a future offering. What made me jump is having both Stephen's and Owen's signatures. Feels like an event I just didn't want to miss out on. So on the horizon for me (and what I'll be spending money on for sure) is The Stand, Bird Box, Goblin, The Listener.

Apart from those, I might have to pass. And that might hurt when those other two McCammon books are revealed.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I passed as well. I almost went for the limited a few times, even going so far as to load it into the cart and start the checkout process. While it would be nice to own, I just can't justify spending the money when so many more books are on the way that I will ultimately want more (Bring on the McCammon lettered editions, please!).

Congratulations to everyone who got one. No doubt all editions will be beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    BTW when is this edition expected to be published?
    I'm actually not sure, definitely not until after the trade edition is out.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    The signed edition is gone despite being a slightly larger run (at 850) than other artist editions. Within a day of the announcement. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    It's really great looking. Unfortunately a bit out of my budget right now, but hopefully I can snatch up a GE in the future.
    Same. Had to pass, though I do so w/ no regrets...maybe I'll pick up the GE down the road.

Plus, I read this a couple years ago, and so figured it was a little early to go for a double dose of the same theme (though the Kings' work has *got* to be better than this silly effort by an otherwise typically reliable mystery author, Day Keene):

s-l225.jpg
    Last edited by RonClinton; 05-01-2017, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X