Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Gorgeous!!!! This is going to be a beautiful volume!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Another new painting by Jana Heidersdorf for the special edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES:

Brian

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    And now to return this thread to Sleeping Beauties I will say that I am looking forward to this one. I purchased the gift edition. Th signed limited was out of my price range right now. I have another kid about to graduate an move on to college. The cover is great.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Ok, thanks. I knew about the S/L HC of BIRDBOX via Dark Regions...guess I missed (or forgot) the add'l Malerman release. Appreciate the info.
    Of course! Happy to help spend someone else's money. I'm buying both of those editions blind--never having read Bird Box or anything b Malerman.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Josh Malerman. It's an upcoming Earthling Pub book.
    Ok, thanks. I knew about the S/L HC of BIRDBOX via Dark Regions...guess I missed (or forgot) the add'l Malerman release. Appreciate the info.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Goblin? Who is that one from? There have been so many S/L announcements of late that they're all starting to kind of blur.
    Josh Malerman. It's an upcoming Earthling Pub book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    That's the hard part: My "want" list is infinite, while my bank account is finite. I completely forgot about Bird Box and Goblin; I want to pick those up as well!
    Goblin? Who is that one from? There have been so many S/L announcements of late that they're all starting to kind of blur.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah. I know that grabbing this one means passing on a future offering. What made me jump is having both Stephen's and Owen's signatures. Feels like an event I just didn't want to miss out on. So on the horizon for me (and what I'll be spending money on for sure) is The Stand, Bird Box, Goblin, The Listener.

Apart from those, I might have to pass. And that might hurt when those other two McCammon books are revealed.
    That's the hard part: My "want" list is infinite, while my bank account is finite. I completely forgot about Bird Box and Goblin; I want to pick those up as well!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    We're all entitled to our preferences and we're lucky we have a great place like this to sure our opinions about books, publishers and life in general.
    HERE HERE!

Sorry for derailing the thread. I LOVE CEMETERY DANCE.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Well, that was an unexpected flurry of activity LOL!! I love CD, have purchased and will continue to purchase the great books they put out. October Dreams is what brought me here and it's those kinds of books that keep me coming back. I bought Salem's Lot and I plan on picking up some of the other Double Day titles, however, I'm actually a bigger fan of King's short fiction as of late. Also, bear in mind, as I've told some of you in the past, I'm not a true horror fanboy. Much more into fantasy/sci-fi/fill in the blank. It was through CD that I ventured into the wider world of small press publishers. I guess, you could say, they were my gateway small publisher. I'm all for them making it rain with Stephen King. We're all entitled to our preferences and we're lucky we have a great place like this to share our opinions about books, publishers and life in general. Now to all you Red Sux fans, a bag of peanuts, Really!!! HAHAHA!! You guys are the worse!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 05-02-2017, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Edit: Repeat of what Ron said about the award. Again I haven't read it either though.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I have not read the book and have read varying opinions on it, but for what it's worth, it did win a 2016 Stoker Award:
    Well that surprises me. Honestly. At least I can add "Stoker Award-Winner" to my auction listing if I decide to part ways with it.

More proof that reading a book is a personal thing and I just couldn't connect with Haven.

It's not you, Tom. It's me.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    V
    Please, if you do read Haven please share your thoughts. I'm really curious to know what others think of it. So far, the Amazon reviews read like they're written by people who know Tom and want to give him a boost.

I just couldn't get past the repeated hackneyed confrontations with the town bullies.
    I have not read the book and have read varying opinions on it, but for what it's worth, it did win a 2016 Stoker Award:

Superior Achievement in a Novel
    Langan, John – The Fisherman (Word Horde)

Superior Achievement in a First Novel
    Deady, Tom – Haven (Cemetery Dance Publications)

Superior Achievement in a Young Adult Novel
    Alexander, Maria – Snowed (Raw Dog Screaming Press)

Superior Achievement in a Graphic Novel
    Chambers, James – Kolchak the Night Stalker: The Forgotten Lore of Edgar Allan Poe (Moonstone)

Superior Achievement in Long Fiction
    Waggoner, Tim – The Winter Box (DarkFuse)

Superior Achievement in Short Fiction
    Oates, Joyce Carol – The Crawl Space (Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine Volume #2016/Issue#8) (Dell Magazines)

Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection
    Oates, Joyce Carol – The Doll-Master and Other Tales of Terror (Mysterious Press)

Superior Achievement in a Screenplay
    Eggers, Robert – The VVitch (Parts and Labor, RT Features, Rooks Nest Entertainment, Code Red Productions, Scythia Films, Maiden Voyage Pictures, Mott Street Pictures, Pulse Films, and Very Special Projects)

Superior Achievement in an Anthology
    Monteleone, Thomas F. and Monteleone, Oliva F. – Borderlands 6 (Samhain Publishing, Ltd.)

Superior Achievement in Non-Fiction
    Franklin, Ruth – Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life (Liveright Publishing Corporation)

Superior Achievement in a Poetry Collection
    Wytovich, Stephanie M. – Brothel (Raw Dog Screaming Press)

Other HWA Awards:

Mentor of the Year Award
    Linda Addison

Silver Hammer Award
    James Chambers

Specialty Press Award
    Kate Jonez of Omnium Gatherum

Lifetime Achievement Award
    Dennis Etchison
    Thomas F. Monteleone

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Very very true! It's not the offerings here that are limited--it's my awareness and familiarity. Which is why my comment made me cringe a little.

Please, if you do read Haven please share your thoughts. I'm really curious to know what others think of it. So far, the Amazon reviews read like they're written by people who know Tom and want to give him a boost.

I just couldn't get past the repeated hackneyed confrontations with the town bullies.
    I may push it up to my next book. I will share my thoughts once I finish it. For the record I had no issue with your comment. Not something I agree with but it was not overly negative in my view.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    The way I have looked at it is that the King offerings are what allow CD to introduce me to so many new authors. I still have Haven in my TBR pile so I can't speak of that one. However, CD has introduced me to Ed Gorman, Ray Garton, Douglas Clegg, Simon Clark, Kealan Patrick Burke and many others not to mention Brian James Freeman and Richard Chizmar. These are all authors I look forward to new releases from that I may not be aware of without Cemetery Dance.
    Very very true! It's not the offerings here that are limited--it's my awareness and familiarity. Which is why my comment made me cringe a little.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X