Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Those books are just beautiful. I can't wait to see the gift edition up close and personal. Congratulations on another outstanding book.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I love the lettered and gift DJ art. Not crazy about the fingers under the moth's wings on the limited.

Hopefully there will be a few gifts up for grabs once all the shipping is complete. I was trying hard to get away from gifts if I couldn't get the S/L or lettered. I don't think I'm going to have much success .

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Gift Edition on left; Limited Edition on right

------------------ Slipcased Gift Edition --------------------

For the endpapers, we went with a heavily tactile paper stock to evoke the nature theme from the book. (I know that's not the sort of thing we talk about much, but we do think about it!)
    I guess the Moth Silk endpapers did not work out.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    ------------------- Signed & Numbered & Traycased Limited Edition -------------------

That's all for now!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Gift Edition on left; Limited Edition on right

------------------ Slipcased Gift Edition --------------------

For the endpapers, we went with a heavily tactile paper stock to evoke the nature theme from the book. (I know that's not the sort of thing we talk about much, but we do think about it!)

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    These aren't finished yet, but I'm going to post the current versions of the SLEEPING BEAUTIES photos I'm working on for the website... They still really don't do the Limited Edition book and traycase justice... hmmmmm.... Might try again on those... Well, I'll post them anyway for now!

For these first two images, the book order is:
    Lettered / Limited / Gift

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Honestly this photo doesn't even do the case justice. We had such a hard time photographing this case. The lighting kept hiding the detail.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Same material and hot foils! Have you seen our case for the IT Artwork Portfolio? We worked with the same team that made that one, only we went through about 10 more passes to improve some things we never quite loved on it. All in all, the Limited Edition book and Artwork Portfolio should make a very nice set.

Brian
    That's great to hear! I never go for the artist portfolios, but in this case I did. I can't wait to have it alongside my signed traycased artist edition and my signed slipcased trade edition. So close!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Sounds good. I hope the art portfolio case looks as good as the case for the book!
    Same material and hot foils! Have you seen our case for the IT Artwork Portfolio? We worked with the same team that made that one, only we went through about 10 more passes to improve some things we never quite loved on it. All in all, the Limited Edition book and Artwork Portfolio should make a very nice set.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    A couple of months after if all goes as planned.

Brian
    Sounds good. I hope the art portfolio case looks as good as the case for the book!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    That is stunning and will look great on my shelf. Will the art portfolio ship near the time of the book?
    A couple of months after if all goes as planned.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    That is stunning and will look great on my shelf. Will the art portfolio ship near the time of the book?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Here is the latest SLEEPING BEAUTIES update for those who didn't order directly from us:

As we mentioned at the end of January, our printer is on track to have all of the books to us in April, but in the meantime other parts of the project are being completed and we wanted to share something we thought you might find interesting.

Today, we received our final approval traycase for the Limited Edition, which is essentially the first real traycase. It looks and feels exactly like the rest of them, which our case maker is now in the process cutting and wrapping.

More news to come. Thank you, as always, for your continuing support and patience!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The tray case for SLEEPING BEAUTIES looks stunning!!!! (photo link on the production update page).
    Thanks, I read the update and failed to catch the link. It is stunning!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    The tray case for SLEEPING BEAUTIES looks stunning!!!! (photo link on the production update page).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X