X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Received my copy of the Joe Hill special double issue today. First thing I did, as I always do, is read the "Words from the Editor" page by Mr. Chizmar. I do not feel like I have the new edition of the magazine in my until I read 'Now, turn down the lights, flip the page, take my hand, and start the dance." I have read multiple times that Mr. Crowther was was introduced to Joe Hill's writing "because Cemetery Dance" had too large of a backlog to publish this great new author. As Paula Harvey would say, I now have the rest of the story!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    The author sections are really because a different message board closed down and we gave some authors that had sections there sections here in it's place. Most of those sections are rarely used. I doubt we'll be adding to them.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Glad to hear it is doing well. Maybe it is time for a Joe Hill forum in the authors section of the forum? Especially with the double issue of the magazine getting into peoples hands and the expected announcement in 2017 of the CD signed/limited edition of Mr. Hiil's next collection in 2017. The last sentence my be speculative on my part.
    Completely agree, Martin. Would be nice to see Brian (BJF) and Richard C. added there as well; as I know they have many fans here too.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Also, Dan let us know that we're probably sold out of the trade paperback and only have less than 50 copies of the hardcover left, so we're now taking preorders for a second-printing of the trade paperback for those who might be interested:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/cemeter...ble-issue.html

Brian
    Glad to hear it is doing well. Maybe it is time for a Joe Hill forum in the authors section of the forum? Especially with the double issue of the magazine getting into peoples hands and the expected announcement in 2017 of the CD signed/limited edition of Mr. Hiil's next collection in 2017. The last sentence my be speculative on my part.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Also, Dan let us know that we're probably sold out of the trade paperback and only have less than 50 copies of the hardcover left, so we're now taking preorders for a second-printing of the trade paperback for those who might be interested:

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just an FYI, the majority of CD 74/75 has shipped. If you ordered a copy with a hardcover, you just ordered a hardcover, or ordered your copy in the last 2 weeks, your copy will hopefully be shipping late next week.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I am so looking forward to receiving this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I'm in for the hardcover. Looks awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Here are the first photos of Cemetery Dance #74/75, the Joe Hill Special Issue for anyone who hasn't seen them yet. This issue features his original novella SNAPSHOT, 1988 -- which has never been published anywhere in the world before and was recently optioned for film. It's REALLY good. You can read more about the issue here:

Trade Paperback:

Limited Edition Hardcover:

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Yes, he sold to friends and on eBay from time to time...for those who may have bought from him on eBay, billarm1 was his User I.D.

Here is his obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sea...?pid=177667147
    Thanks for sharing, Ron and you're most welcome.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Oh damn, I didn't know it was Bill. I purchased books from him in the past, he always seemed like a nice guy. And yes, he took excellent care of his books.

My condolences.
    Yes, he sold to friends and on eBay from time to time...for those who may have bought from him on eBay, billarm1 was his User I.D.

Here is his obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sea...?pid=177667147

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Oh damn, I didn't know it was Bill. I purchased books from him in the past, he always seemed like a nice guy. And yes, he took excellent care of his books.

My condolences.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sorry for the loss of your friend, Ron. May his collection live on through others like ourselves. No doubts that it's in great condition with Larry handling the sell.
    Thanks, Brian. I have a number of his items, so among the many collections his books will live on in is mine. He was both a super collector and a super nice guy, taken too soon by a very cruel disease.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    For those who may have run across Bill's path in the past, the collection is from the estate of Bill Armstrong, a late friend of mine here in WA, who died several months ago of ALS. His collection was really something else, and interested bidders can rest assured that he took very, very good care of his items.
    Sorry for the loss of your friend, Ron. May his collection live on through others like ourselves. No doubts that it's in great condition with Larry handling the sell.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Keep an eye on Larry's page, then. He's been going through a substantial collection on consignment and I'm willing to bet that the rest of run will show up before long.
    For those who may have run across Bill's path in the past, the collection is from the estate of Bill Armstrong, a late friend of mine here in WA, who died several months ago of ALS. His collection was really something else, and interested bidders can rest assured that he took very, very good care of his items.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X