X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Excited in particular by the prospect of that Robert Bloch article!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I love the cover art!
    Agreed. Awesome!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I love the cover art!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Cemetery Dance #77 is deep in production, I believe we just need Richard's editorial and then it's off to the printer to be published this spring. Here's a sneak peek at the cover:

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by rayneeny View Post
    Will there be any CD Magazines published this year?
    Yep. I think the next issue is pretty close.

Leave a comment:

• rayneeny
    replied
    Will there be any CD Magazines published this year?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by jsweet View Post
    It's been two years since I asked, so figured I'd ask again I see the production update page has them scheduled for 2018, but any further update?
    Thanks
    Richard needs to sign signature sheets, but everything else is ready.

Leave a comment:

• jsweet
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ok, so the hardcover subscription was specifically for the hardcovers for CD 63 - CD 67. This was offered after we offered and sold out of the hardcover for CD 62. There was a huge hiccup and problem getting the CD 62 hardcover printed, but that's now at the printer so hopefully CD 63 - 67 should follow suit shortly. If you need / want to cancel your order just email Mindy and we'll get it taken care of for you. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately printing problems do happen.
    It's been two years since I asked, so figured I'd ask again I see the production update page has them scheduled for 2018, but any further update?
    Thanks
    Last edited by jsweet; 09-23-2018, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by havok View Post
    Thanks ... I had that question too and glad it was answered.

On another magazine topic ... I really like the fact that the Joe Hill special issue was printed on a much better grade paper. While I realize that might have had a lot to do with the page count and the perfect binding rather than saddle stitch, my biggest complain with CD magazine, and what will probably dissuade me from subscribing any further, is that the newsprint used for the magazine discolors and deteriorates very, very quickly. If something could be done about that, it would be great.
    Unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done short of raising the issue price again.

Leave a comment:

• havok
    replied
    Got it. The page was long gone and all I had in my notes was hardcover subscription. Thanks for checking into it.
    Thanks ... I had that question too and glad it was answered.

On another magazine topic ... I really like the fact that the Joe Hill special issue was printed on a much better grade paper. While I realize that might have had a lot to do with the page count and the perfect binding rather than saddle stitch, my biggest complain with CD magazine, and what will probably dissuade me from subscribing any further, is that the newsprint used for the magazine discolors and deteriorates very, very quickly. If something could be done about that, it would be great.

Leave a comment:

• jsweet
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ok, so the hardcover subscription was specifically for the hardcovers for CD 63 - CD 67. This was offered after we offered and sold out of the hardcover for CD 62. There was a huge hiccup and problem getting the CD 62 hardcover printed, but that's now at the printer so hopefully CD 63 - 67 should follow suit shortly. If you need / want to cancel your order just email Mindy and we'll get it taken care of for you. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately printing problems do happen.
    Got it. The page was long gone and all I had in my notes was hardcover subscription. Thanks for checking into it.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Going through old orders I realized I had purchased a CD magazine hardcover subscription back in 2013. I've never received any issues -- is the Joe Hill issue the first one since then? And should I have received it by now?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Going through old orders I realized I had purchased a CD magazine hardcover subscription back in 2013. I've never received any issues -- is the Joe Hill issue the first one since then? And should I have received it by now?
    I'll look into it and get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• jsweet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received my copy of the Joe Hill special double issue today. First thing I did, as I always do, is read the "Words from the Editor" page by Mr. Chizmar. I do not feel like I have the new edition of the magazine in my until I read 'Now, turn down the lights, flip the page, take my hand, and start the dance." I have read multiple times that Mr. Crowther was was introduced to Joe Hill's writing "because Cemetery Dance" had too large of a backlog to publish this great new author. As Paula Harvey would say, I now have the rest of the story!
    Yeah, I couldn't remember if the entire story had been told publicly or not, but this seemed like as appropriate a time as any!

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X