This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kshane View Post
    I have an update on those 10 copies of CD #50. Above are the ebay listing for Garton's "Dreams" and Freeman's "The Plague of Sadness". The seller who is selling the Garton handwritten story "Dreams" has two more of these handwritten hardcovers of CD #50. He also has Ray Garton's handwritten story "Lisa's New Friend" and Kealan Patrick Burke's handwritten story "Curtains". So that leaves six other handwritten stories for CD #50.

I was wondering if Dan has a record of the other authors/stories that were handwritten for CD #50?
    Entirely possible Mindy still has her notes SOMEWHERE... I will ask!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I recently subscribed to the mag, im quite new to this publication so may i ask if this years has been published yet? just wanting to know if i should remain eagerly waiting for it or to relax a few months?

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
        I recently subscribed to the mag, im quite new to this publication so may i ask if this years has been published yet? just wanting to know if i should remain eagerly waiting for it or to relax a few months?
        Not yet. Brian will probably have to shed some more light on where we're at with the next issue of the magazine. I'm not really involved in that production.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Not yet. Brian will probably have to shed some more light on where we're at with the next issue of the magazine. I'm not really involved in that production.
          ah ok, thanks for saying. i will stop myself stalking the postie then. and allow myself to forget about it untill it surprises me when it arrives through my mail box

Comment

Thank you Dan and Brian! I checked out wayback machine's archived pages of cemeterydance.com and it looks as though the hardcovers of CD #50 were offered for sale in 2004 and were published around early 2006. But I don't know when those 10 unique handwritten copies were produced. It's possible that some were produced around 2006, or some of them/all of them came out years later.

Comment

Thank you Dan and Brian! I checked out wayback machine's archived pages of cemeterydance.com and it looks as though the hardcovers of CD #50 were offered for sale in 2004 and were published around early 2006. But I don't know when those 10 unique handwritten copies were produced. It's possible that some were produced around 2006, or some of them/all of them came out years later.
              I think Mindy sent Brian a list of who wrote the 10 stories. I'm sure Brian will share when he gets a chance.

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hi Brian! I was hoping you still had that email from Mindy with the list of the 10 authors for CD #50. I'm very curious as to who those other authors are!

Comment

Hi Brian! I was hoping you still had that email from Mindy with the list of the 10 authors for CD #50. I'm very curious as to who those other authors are!
                  Jim Moore
                  John Skipp
                  Tom Monteleone
                  Kealan Patrick Burke
                  Brian James Freeman
                  Ray Garton

Ray Garton did several of them because authors committed and then fell through, etc.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks Brian! (And also Mindy and Dan). It was helpful to know who the authors were for those 10 bonus stories.

Comment

Missing this mag a lot...has it been 4 years since the last issue? I've lost track of time! Hope to see new issues some day!

Comment

Good news on that front is on the way!

Have one issue at the printer and looking at more throughout 2023!
                        My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

I was shocked to find the new issue in my mailbox today.....I subscribed what seems like decades ago, and always assume that each new issue is my last.

I was dismayed to find that CD is now mailing the magazine to subscribers loose, no envelope, with the name and address printed on the back cover. I also subscribe to Mad Magazine, and while they don't ship in an envelope, they have a cardstock protective cover stapled onto the magazine, which usually works as far as protection goes. I would assume the address being printed on the magazine would destroy any collectibility, to say nothing of the condition these magazines will arrive in. Mine was ripped, wrinkled, and basically destroyed. Very disappointed with this new way of shipping, to say the least.
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got mine mine today too, and it was also a little beat up. Not too bad, considering no envelope or wrapper, but between the rain, and the mailman folding it up to carry it down the street, it wasn't exactly great.

It could also do with a little extra proofreading. I just started reading it, and got to the article about "Later by Stepehn King". Oops!

Anyway, it is nice to see it back after all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                              I was shocked to find the new issue in my mailbox today.....I subscribed what seems like decades ago, and always assume that each new issue is my last.

I was dismayed to find that CD is now mailing the magazine to subscribers loose, no envelope, with the name and address printed on the back cover. I also subscribe to Mad Magazine, and while they don't ship in an envelope, they have a cardstock protective cover stapled onto the magazine, which usually works as far as protection goes. I would assume the address being printed on the magazine would destroy any collectibility, to say nothing of the condition these magazines will arrive in. Mine was ripped, wrinkled, and basically destroyed. Very disappointed with this new way of shipping, to say the least.
                              Oh, that’s a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

Wow, I would've been pretty upset, especially that the change wasn't communicated up front (to the best of my knowledge). It may "only" be a magazine, but, I still wouldn't want a beat-up copy. If I were in your shoes, I would be canceling my subscription and would only purchase copies from a physical retailer, if that's even possible, to ensure it's in pristine shape for both collecting and reading.
                                Last edited by sholloman81; 03-23-2023, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X