X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by LivEviL View Post
    Hello. First time poster, glad to be here. I got my notice today that my grab bag has shipped but I still haven't heard anything back from the book club. Are they still shipping out orders? Your books are worth the wait, just curious. Thank you.
    Hi and welcome to the board. Half have shipped, the other half are waiting for two different books to arrive since there wasn't enough of the first group to go around. Both are already at the printer, one of which is done or just about done. I'm not sure how close the other one is to being done, but soon hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• LivEviL
    replied
    Hello. First time poster, glad to be here. I got my notice today that my grab bag has shipped but I still haven't heard anything back from the book club. Are they still shipping out orders? Your books are worth the wait, just curious. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my book club shipment today and am very happy with the assortment. The two Backshot titles continue to baffle me. The descriptions are very different but both have cover art by Caniglia and have very similar designs. Interested in seeing if these are related or if more are coming in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Really curious about (and excited for) the two Backshot books. Is there any kind of back story to these books? The titles are interesting given that the only difference is the year dates in the title. Is this a one-off project or will we see more Backshot titles in the future?

I also wouldn't mind just more Ed Gorman.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Kind of a random question: Since it seems that many of the books included are parts of sets, are you guys trying to match numbers (assuming they're numbered)? Like the two Backshot titles, or the two titles from the novella series.
    I don't believe the BACKSHOT books are numbered, and for the Novella Series, what we did was email the Book Club when those were announced, so anyone who wanted/needed matching numbers for the rest of their set could request them. Otherwise, I think they're random.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Kind of a random question: Since it seems that many of the books included are parts of sets, are you guys trying to match numbers (assuming they're numbered)? Like the two Backshot titles, or the two titles from the novella series.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Well that's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    The latest email says all the books are signed - who signed Tom's books? I suppose it's possible that you've been sitting on signed sheets for a while, but it's my understanding that those are usually one of the very last things acquired before a book goes to the printer, so it seems unlikely...
    Tom Piccirilli signed them.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The latest email says all the books are signed - who signed Tom's books? I suppose it's possible that you've been sitting on signed sheets for a while, but it's my understanding that those are usually one of the very last things acquired before a book goes to the printer, so it seems unlikely...

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Same here on having both ordered. All it means is I have an extra cool gift to give to someone down the road. I usually use my doubles for gifts for my dad and father in law . Also my brother in law .
    In the same boat as well but agreed on gifting the extra. I have a buddy who just started reading The Dark Tower Series this year so either one would make an awesome surprise gift . I'll get him hooked on SK yet lol.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Same here on having both ordered. All it means is I have an extra cool gift to give to someone down the road. I usually use my doubles for gifts for my dad and father in law . Also my brother in law .

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    So because I already had both Dark Tower books ordered, I'm just going to end up with a duplicate of one of them?

Not a big deal - just want to make sure I understand what is happening. I bought them both during the 50% off July sale back in oh-13 so I should be able to make my money back I'd imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    If you do receive The Dark Tower Companion twice because of the Book Club, just email Mindy about sending one back and we'll send you The Dark Tower Concordance instead when we receive them from the printer. (Just make sure you reference this post when you email her because she's juggling a lot and it'll help her make the exchange in the system. I think the official exchange code is BRIANSCREWEDITUP or something like that!)

If someone had both on order, there really wasn't anything we could do, unfortunately, since we wanted to get all of the Book Club orders filled sooner than later and there was nothing else comparable to swap.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    I ordered "7. The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent after I ordered the book club". Should I cancel that order? This is all new to me. I also haven't received any shipping notices other than that a book different from these was supposed to ship in October but even that email was confusing as it said that book was part of book club 4.
    You may not need to. PM or email me your order info so I can check on it for you.

Leave a comment:

• jsweet
    replied
    Originally posted by jsweet View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Explains why I haven't heard anything yet. Have a copy of Dark Tower on order.
    And now I'm even more confused ... I just received a shipping notice for Book Club including Dark Tower Companion, which I already had on order ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X