X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I received my misfit bag from CD today and I'm very pleased with it. Similar to the others, with the little Green Ramsay Campbell, The Bank ARC and a Grave Tales 7.
    I also received a Best of CD 2. I currently have a copy of it sitting in my Camelot holding box so I emailed Kim and donated it to her - postage is a killer and I don't need 2.
    And a signed PC of Brian Keene's The Girl on The Glider. It says it was never offered for sale, so I assume it was one of the freebies for some CD club in the past.
    Anyway, I'm very happy with my haul.
    Now I don't feel so special since you got 3 of the books I got-Except you got Grave Tales 7 and I got Grave Tales 6. Cap

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I received my misfit bag from CD today and I'm very pleased with it. Similar to the others, with the little Green Ramsay Campbell, The Bank ARC and a Grave Tales 7.
    I also received a Best of CD 2. I currently have a copy of it sitting in my Camelot holding box so I emailed Kim and donated it to her - postage is a killer and I don't need 2.
    And a signed PC of Brian Keene's The Girl on The Glider. It says it was never offered for sale, so I assume it was one of the freebies for some CD club in the past.
    Something like that. I think it was part of a "Exclusive Collectors Set" so functionally a blind 3 book deal where the limitation was the number of people who bought the deal or something like that. Unfortunately I can't remember what the other 2 titles in that set were right now.

Leave a comment:

• HumphreyBear
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by taost33 View Post

"Possible spoiler"... I don't want to ruin it for anyone still expecting theirs but one was an ARC of a "bonus book" from something I ordered back in 2013. So it was nice to see that it is coming along.
    I completely understand.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

"Possible spoiler"... I don't want to ruin it for anyone still expecting theirs but one was an ARC of a "bonus book" from something I ordered back in 2013. So it was nice to see that it is coming along.
    Cool and thanks for not spoiling it. Still waiting on mine. My shipping notice says a label was created but that was last week.Post office has had issues with updates since the start of COVID. It could be waiting for me at home. Still waiting for the SK grab bag to ship. Not in any hurry. Seems like a lot of publishers are catching up on some things.I have 4 unopened boxes still to get to from the last week. It’s been very very busy

Leave a comment:

• taost33
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Do share!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Received my ARC grab bag today. I was very pleased with the contents.
    Do share!

Leave a comment:

• taost33
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    My forthcoming ARC grab bag is scheduled to get home on Saturday.
    Received my ARC grab bag today. I was very pleased with the contents.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I got my Misfit grab bag, I think I got more loot than Hagar the Horrible. A Little Green Book of Grins & Gravity by Ramsey Campbell. It looks to be in perfect shape except for a very minor scratch on the back. Grave Tales trade hardback #6. IMO, it's in perfect shape. The Bank ARC by Bentley, trade paperback, in perfect shape. Flight or Fright trade hardcover in good/very good condition. False Memory by Dean Koontz, PC copy, in good? shape I guess. This huge hardcover from 1999 has a big corner bend on the back, the back is a lil scuffed and the book I can clearly see is overall a lil worn. It's signed by Dean Koontz and Phil Parks who did the dustjacket art. It doesn't have a dustjacket. I love this big old book.

Cap
    Wow, I am amazed they still had a copy of False Memory hanging around. I have that copy and it has some amazing art. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I got my Misfit grab bag, I think I got more loot than Hagar the Horrible. A Little Green Book of Grins & Gravity by Ramsey Campbell. It looks to be in perfect shape except for a very minor scratch on the back. Grave Tales trade hardback #6. IMO, it's in perfect shape. The Bank ARC by Bentley, trade paperback, in perfect shape. Flight or Fright trade hardcover in good/very good condition. False Memory by Dean Koontz, PC copy, in good? shape I guess. This huge hardcover from 1999 has a big corner bend on the back, the back is a lil scuffed and the book I can clearly see is overall a lil worn. It's signed by Dean Koontz and Phil Parks who did the dustjacket art. It doesn't have a dustjacket. I love this big old book.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    That’s exciting to hear. I’m looking forward to getting this grab bag and finding out what’s inside. I haven’t gotten my shipping notice yet but sometimes I get the package before the notice so that’s not unusual.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jsweet
    replied
    Received my misfit Grab Bag today. Not unsurprising I received all duplicates. I need to better at resisting these as I have so much of CD books already.

Here is what I received:
    • ARC - The Bank by Bentley Little
    • Other Publisher - A Little Green Book of Grins and Gravity by Ramsey Campbell (Signed and Numbered)
    • Trade - Best of Cemetery Dance II (Dinged)
    • Limited - Cortex by Ray Garton (PC)
    • Grave Tales #7 (No signature sheet)
    Similar haul for me:

The Bank
    Little Green Book
    The Listener by Robert McCammon (dinged trade)
    The City of Mirrors by Justin Croning (signed PC)
    Grave Tales #6 (no signature sheet)

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my misfit Grab Bag today. Not unsurprising I received all duplicates. I need to better at resisting these as I have so much of CD books already.

Here is what I received:
    • ARC - The Bank by Bentley Little
    • Other Publisher - A Little Green Book of Grins and Gravity by Ramsey Campbell (Signed and Numbered)
    • Trade - Best of Cemetery Dance II (Dinged)
    • Limited - Cortex by Ray Garton (PC)
    • Grave Tales #7 (No signature sheet)

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    And my luck as far as getting anything that I really want seems to suck lol!!!
    I couldn't agree more with this last part. The Misfit grab bag is one I am willing to try, last time I liked what I received.

Cap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X