Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    No thought involved, just ordered.
    Who needs to think. I was in before I finished the email. And sometimes thinking is overrated.......And it can cause a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Who needs to think. I was in before I finished the email. And sometimes thinking is overrated.......And it can cause a headache.
      Thinking can cause a headache? I wouldn't know.

Comment

yep, grabbed one of these

Comment

No thought involved, just ordered.
          Yep.

Comment

I passed, even though I'm a big fan of the author and do collect him. I used to never pre-order w/out a book ready to send within a few months, and having relaxed it a bit a few years ago for CD, I've got more pre-orders than I prefer already with CD. I'm just not comfortable paying for a book and waiting years for it (and certainly not repeatedly), so for this title -- which is not among my favorites by him, but is quite good (in fact, I have a signed 1st of it already) -- I'll just gamble and rely on the aftermarket to furnish me a copy if I still want one when it comes out. I'd like to see my CD pre-order list catch up a bit before I place any more pre-orders (unless, of course, that title(s) comes along that I know will sell out immediately and that I cannot live without...this newest one, while I'm glad to see it, isn't it).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I passed, even though I'm a big fan of the author and do collect him. I used to never pre-order w/out a book ready to send within a few months, and having relaxed it a bit a few years ago for CD, I've got more pre-orders than I prefer already with CD. I'm just not comfortable paying for a book and waiting years for it (and certainly not repeatedly), so for this title -- which is not among my favorites by him, but is quite good (in fact, I have a signed 1st of it already) -- I'll just gamble and rely on the aftermarket to furnish me a copy if I still want one when it comes out. I'd like to see my CD pre-order list catch up a bit before I place any more pre-orders (unless, of course, that title(s) comes along that I know will sell out immediately and that I cannot live without...this newest one, while I'm glad to see it, isn't it).
              I hear ya. I am waiting patiently on the S/L edition of a book from this author that I ordered in October of 2017. However, in this case the email stated that they are "already deep in production on the book" so I am a little more optimistic on this one, plus I wanted to get the number that matches the S/L editions that I already own from this author. I understand your position though.

Comment

Finally have a few free moments to post something!

I am SO excited for Usher's Passing! I read the paperback years ago and was so hesitant to pick it up because I really don't like when authors write sequels or utilize characters from other writers' works. Even though I was resistant, this book pulled me in and thought it was just a blast and quickly became one of my favorites.

When the CDCC email came, I was literally fumbling for my credit card trying to get an order in as quick as possible. There was no doubt about it, I had to have a lettered edition. And even though it blew my budget to smithereens and I'll have to adjust my goals for this year, I am glad to say that I snagged one!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Finally have a few free moments to post something!

I am SO excited for Usher's Passing! I read the paperback years ago and was so hesitant to pick it up because I really don't like when authors write sequels or utilize characters from other writers' works. Even though I was resistant, this book pulled me in and thought it was just a blast and quickly became one of my favorites.

When the CDCC email came, I was literally fumbling for my credit card trying to get an order in as quick as possible. There was no doubt about it, I had to have a lettered edition. And even though it blew my budget to smithereens and I'll have to adjust my goals for this year, I am glad to say that I snagged one!
                  Congratulations on getting a lettered. I hesitated but ended up buying the limited. Have not read the story but am looking forward to it.

Comment

So just when I thought it was safe to check my email............

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      So just when I thought it was safe to check my email............
                      Currently resisting but I have said that before.

Comment

Currently resisting but I have said that before.
                        I'm passing. I have to. Or I'd have to go with the lettered. And there's no way for me to swing that.

Comment

I'm in for a trade and a limited.

Comment

Whew for me at all the offers of late. All have been low and outside.

Comment

In for a trade since I don't have the limiteds from that series.

Comment

I was waiting for today's announcement, as I had suspected it would be coming soon after it was announced that the author had finished writing it. I ordered the Sign/Limited. I can't wait for this one! LOVE that cover art!

Comment

Working...
                                X