X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Actually, when we got to the event they told us King would sign 2 copies per ticket holder. So we bought four copies of the book. And then minutes before King was to appear (he read LT's Theory of Pets) they announced that due to the large number of people in attendance, King would only sign one book per person with no inscriptions--flat signed only. So I doubt an inscription was wrangled at that event
    Thank you, Sir. One of my all time favorites of his btw.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
    Very cool. I remember enjoying that book quite a bit.
    I'm overdue for a re-read.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Were those inscribed by chance? I have a inscribed copy, not to me, so was curious if it perhaps came from that event.
    Actually, when we got to the event they told us King would sign 2 copies per ticket holder. So we bought four copies of the book. And then minutes before King was to appear (he read LT's Theory of Pets) they announced that due to the large number of people in attendance, King would only sign one book per person with no inscriptions--flat signed only. So I doubt an inscription was wrangled at that event

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I also still have the promotional magazine we got at the door.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22132[/ATTACH]
    Were those inscribed by chance? I have a inscribed copy, not to me, so was curious if it perhaps came from that event.

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Very cool. I remember enjoying that book quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    My wife and I did the same thing on that same tour. I ended up selling her copy some time ago, but I still have my copy on my shelf. I didn't think until days after that I should have kept the tickets (for verification of signature /provenance, if nothing else).

98200BB1-13BE-41EF-9FAD-05D0C7293206.jpg

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Hmm I'm confused. To my knowledge we didn't pull it from the site. In fact I just checked the link we sent the CDCC and it's still there and working.

Edit: Oh never mind. Looks like Brian set it to out of print.

Edit2: Talked to Brian, there seems to have been some confusion with Gemini Artifacts about the price. It'll be back up later today at a new price. If you managed to snag a copy yesterday, you'll have gotten it at a pretty heavy discount.
    I looked at the Gemini Artifacts website. They sure have some strange stuff. Shades of Miskatonic Books! ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    I money were not an issue I would have jumped on the TOP SECRET offer--depending on the TOP SECRET author. That's a very cool thing. But no way could I swing that.
    I felt pretty much the same way. I was interested not so much for myself but more for future generations of my family who might look at it and think “wow that’s neat that great gramps had a book like that...”

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    No kidding. I'm still unsure of what it is exactly. Specifically- is the book itself newly printed? Who's printing it- CD? There's info about the cover and the chachkies but absolutely nothing about the interior.
    We're just selling it. We have nothing to do with the printing or production.

Yes, it is newly printed:

"For your consideration is this hand-aged reproduction of the 1899 first US Edition..."

Brian

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I can appreciate the appeal that books like this Gemini edition and the yesterday's (?) "TOP SECRET Unique New Special!" offer hold for some, but I guess my tastes run much too conservative and traditional, as gimmicky (not really the right descriptive word as it suggests I look at them negatively, which I certainly don't, but I'm at a loss for the right term) books like this just don't do it for me. They're interesting, to be sure, but I"m afraid they're just not my thing.
    I money were not an issue I would have jumped on the TOP SECRET offer--depending on the TOP SECRET author. That's a very cool thing. But no way could I swing that.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I can appreciate the appeal that books like this Gemini edition and yesterday's "TOP SECRET Unique New Special!" offer hold for some, but I guess my tastes run much too conservative and traditional, as gimmicky (not really the right descriptive word as it suggests I look at them negatively, which I certainly don't, but I'm at a loss for the right term) books like this just don't do it for me. They're interesting, to be sure, but I"m afraid they're just not my thing.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 05-01-2020, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Man, I liked that other price better...
    No kidding. I'm still unsure of what it is exactly. Specifically- is the book itself newly printed? Who's printing it- CD? There's info about the cover and the chachkies but absolutely nothing about the interior.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Both are signed. My wife an I saw King when he stopped in Chicago on his Bag of Bones book tour and we each got a signed copy. I met King and talked to him for a brief minute and it was wonderful. I still have the tickets to the event in pristine condition with each book.
    My wife and I did the same thing on that same tour. I ended up selling her copy some time ago, but I still have my copy on my shelf. I didn't think until days after that I should have kept the tickets (for verification of signature /provenance, if nothing else).

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
    Glad it was sorted out and still available for those interested even with the higher price. Thank you for the explanation.
    Very true. It's a very gorgeous looking edition. I really want someone to buy it and post more photos so that I can vicariously live through them.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Those are slick. How come two copies? One signed or both perhaps?
    Both are signed. My wife an I saw King when he stopped in Chicago on his Bag of Bones book tour and we each got a signed copy. I met King and talked to him for a brief minute and it was wonderful. I still have the tickets to the event in pristine condition with each book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X