No announcement yet.

Salem’s Lot: The Deluxe Special Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. Can't wait til the AEs ship out!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Patience?!?!?! I didn't add my comment for 10 minutes after Brian's announcement. That WAS my patience!!
      Touché lol. Was it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        Lol! Looking forward to mine, too, but it will be replacing the 92nd printing of the 167th edition of a mass market paperback, which itself replaced an earlier paperback.
        I have the first edition of the UK paperback that I bought back in 1983, which replaced an earlier printing that got destroyed when lent to a friend.

P1090386_zpsdnmvehan.jpg

I also ended up with two copies of the Illustrated edition in hardcover, thanks to the USPS losing the first copy for a couple of weeks.

P1040276_zps0mqiwkvf.jpg

I found an old US paperback copy in the basement a few years ago, which my daughter is currently reading. She's 11, and wanted to read an SK book.

And then there's the Centipede Press edition, which I love. It'd be nice to get an upgraded copy of this one day. I need to take some new pics...I only have this one sitting on the shelf.

P1040284_zpseg2rlrtz.jpg

Can't forget about this -

P1080079_zpsqhvop0w4.jpg

Comment

A nice little Lot of 'Salem's there Dave. I also have the beast of a book by Centipede and the Illustrated Doubleday which I really like as well. Have the UK Illustrated headed to me from across pond which should hopefully arrive next week. Apparently there seems to be some demand for the UK Ed. as it's threading of late well over it's issue price in fine condition.
          Last edited by Brian861; 02-19-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Sitting here at home recovering form whatever weird illness this strange winter weather has inflicted on me, I was inspired by Dave's photo to post a shot of my own. As many of you know, I'm not really a King collector and certainly not a completest, however, what I like, I like. I once owned a First edition of Carrie, which I sold to make a mortgage payment during lean times, Thank you Mr. King, I'm sure he would appreciate that story, lol! One of my favorite editions isn't here, it's packed away. The black paperback, with the single drop of red blood dripping off someone's fangs lol!! I think that was the first version I read of Salem's Lot, my favorite King. Cycle of the Werewolf is also a sentimental favorite. These aren't all I have, but these are the one's that are handy. Looking forward to adding the CD edition and the PS edition to this collection. As Brian says you can't have too many!!
            IMG_0640.jpg
            Last edited by mhatchett; 02-19-2016, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Hey Dave!

Have you ever heard of 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King? If you can find a copy somewhere, you should check it out -- I think you might like it!

I love seeing a bunch of different editions of the same book together. It's one of my favorite things about SK collecting.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                Hey Dave!

Have you ever heard of 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King? If you can find a copy somewhere, you should check it out -- I think you might like it!

I love seeing a bunch of different editions of the same book together. It's one of my favorite things about SK collecting.

Brian
                Lol, yeah, I think so!

I really don't remember whether I read 'Salem's Lot or The Stand first, but they were both read over two days while I was home sick from school back in the late '70s. They are still two of my favorite SK books.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  Lol, yeah, I think so!

I really don't remember whether I read 'Salem's Lot or The Stand first, but they were both read over two days while I was home sick from school back in the late '70s. They are still two of my favorite SK books.
                  Mine as well, Dave. Some of his best work. The Stand is my absolute favorite of all time and I can't wait until it's time for it in the DoubleDay series.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Mine as well, Dave. Some of his best work. The Stand is my absolute favorite of all time and I can't wait until it's time for it in the DoubleDay series.
                    Yes, I'm looking forward to that. I've read the original version at least twenty times, and the expanded version at least four or five times. In the '90s, I preferred the original version, mainly because the expanded edition tried to update cultural references to the late '80s, and at the time I thought too many of those updates were just not working.
                    Now that 26 years have passed, I find that I can ignore the mistakes and enjoy the expanded book for what it is.

Comment

One of only a handful of books that I have read more than once as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        One of only a handful of books that I have read more than once as well.
                        THE STAND is also one of a very few -- less than five -- books that I've read more than once. I think THE STAND is at the top of the list with three total reads.

'SALEM'S LOT hasn't made the cut, so am very much looking forward to finally re-reading it in this new CD Gift Edition version. It's probably been around 35 years since I last/first read it as a young teenager.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

For those who reread The Stand, do you read the original or the uncut? I've only read it once and it was the uncut.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            'SALEM'S LOT hasn't made the cut, so am very much looking forward to finally re-reading it in this new CD Gift Edition version. It's probably been around 35 years since I last/first read it as a young teenager.
                            This is a book that should be revisited often IMO for any King fan (although probably not after dark as BJF has suggested via another thread on another site) . The story telling to me is phenomenal for only an author's second novel. I think you'll find it hard to put down, Ron. Especially with all the bells and whistles this edition will have.

Spoiler!

Comment

For those who reread The Stand, do you read the original or the uncut? I've only read it once and it was the uncut.
                              The uncut for me although many fans aren't that, fans of it for the most part it seems. I enjoy the added (uncut) content myself. Your purist probably will disagree with me whole heartily on that point.

Comment

I originally read the uncut and read the edited version a few years later. I have re-read the uncut version as it is my preferred version. I have not re-read the edited version.

Comment

Working...
                                X